Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Suggestions of shows we could cover.

150 posts in this topic

Posted

Law & Order: Trial by Jury.

Posted

I still maintain you guys should do Gravity Falls.

Posted

I just caught an episode of Thunder in Paradise on one of the obscure channels near the top of the programme guide.  I withdraw my nomination of this show.  Good gods, Hulk Hogan in speedos.  I claw at my eyes but the image remains.

Posted

What about a serialized documentary show, like Making a Murderer, which was designed to be only one season.

Posted

So I just started watching Battlestar Galactica for the first time (I know, I know), and I had a thought: Would you guys be willing to cover Caprica? Granted, I haven't seen Caprica yet, but it is only one season.

Posted (edited)

Might be an interesting experiment into how well Caprica stands up as a show in its own right as I'd be willing to bet that Ian hasn't watched and Galactica. 

Edited by Mr Mockery

Posted

It would be an odd world if Ian has seen BSG and I have not (at least, not all of it).

Posted

Speaking of which, the original Battlestar Galactica was only one season. Same with Galactica 1980.

Posted

Sometime we should do a tournament of worse supporting characters from Sci-Fi series because Doctor Zee from Galactica 1980 is easily on the same level as Twiki from Buck Rogers.

Speaking of which, Buck Rogers was only two seasons. Twiki. Just imagine it.

Posted

I know it's been said, but you have extremely odd taste, Will.

Posted

YOU ARE ACTIVELY TRYING TO ENRAGE ME

Posted

Sorry. I was more trying to channel you but channel? Enrage? Two sides of the same coin?

Posted

I hate that we live in a world where Girl Twiki is a thing.

Posted

Posted

Part of me wants to do a sseparate Buck Rogers rewatch show with Dan where the main attraction is him losing his shit about Twiki on every show. 

Posted

That sounds exhausting. However, Gil Gerard has an Associate's Degree from the William Shatner School of Stage Combat and that frequently helps make up for things.

Posted

You could compromise. The Pilot was in theaters as a film. Would be perfect for Pulp Diction.

Posted

It would be an odd world if Ian has seen BSG and I have not (at least, not all of it).

I wouldn't worry on that account.

Posted

I looked back to see if it had been suggested yet. I'm kind of surprised...

Blade: the Series. 13 episodes long, It's based off a comic book as well as a Film Series that Ian has seen. It's also not completely terrible.

Along the same lines, Constantine. Once again, only 13 episodes, the main character is British, and it's not terrible at all.

Posted

Blade really should have received another season.

Posted

As for Constantine: I found watching it on a computer or TV put me off. Not sure why; maybe the TV-budget CG effects were too obvious. However, the show looks good on smaller screens, such as iPods.

Posted

This is just my way of sneaking a Jim Henson property in, but: The Storyteller. 

Posted

There are a few different possibilities for a Jim Hensom property. Muppets Tonight ran in the 90s and was more of the same format as the original Muppet show. It ran for two seasons with a total of 22 episodes.

The more recent The Muppets might get a more interesting discussion.  Outside of being a very flawed show, it tried to do something different. It would be interesting to hear a discussion of how and why it failed.

Posted

Suggestion: True Detective.