Special 03

RSS

Mike joins Dan for their first joint Bigger on the Inside Special. In this installment, the guys take a look at the eight-issue comic book series Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who - Assimilation². Remember to listen to the entire show, all the way to the very last second. [ 54:05 || 26.3 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/biggerontheinside/episodes/bigger_special_003.mp3

We get it Steve. You're a big fan of Rosemary Harris but it's been over two years since they announced that Sally Field was taking over the role of Aunt May for the Spider-man films. You need to move on and realize that this isn't the thread to express your trepidation over the matter.

That said, bravo Gentlemen. I heartily look forward to this new venture.

The Doctor Who Magazine strip is very uneven and tends to be not all that great, but the Tom Baker era had decent stuff from Dave Gibbons which is available in Doctor Who Classics from IDW. Over the years, Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, Paul Cornell, and Gareth Roberts have all done some good work.

The Forgotten was a fun story as well, with Pia Guerra art I enjoyed.

And as I mentioned in the show, I've quite liked Tony Lee's work on the current IDW series. The stories aren't brilliant, but he gets the voices spot on.

MAY!? MAY!?

Yes, but...

Here's how the BOTI / TEOF schedule is designed to play out:

February: The third Bigger on the Inside Special contains the trailer.

March: The Edge of Forever pilot episode, covering The Cage, will hit the BOTI and TEOF feeds. (Date undecided)

April: Bigger on the Inside comes to a close, for now. (13 April)

April-May: We take a slight breather.

May: The Edge of Forever launches. (25 May)

As a person who knows quite a bit about Trek but hasn't seen a lick of it (unless you are counting the reboot films and Wrath of Kahn aka the most basic things that everybody has seen) I've interested in how I will like this new show. I was always the kind of person who had to watch something from the very start, and watching the reboot without actually seeing the TOS felt like I hadn't earned it or something but that sort of broke down when I finally jumped into the Who fandom. They are very similar to me in that way actually. I hope it will bring me full force into fandom like I feel I ought to be.

As for Mike's theory on The Big Bang 2 leading to Star Trek no longer being a TV show... that doesn't quite work as the women who is killed by Silence in the White House Bathroom asks it if it is wearing a Star Trek mask. Sorry, Mike! Any other possible explanations? Because things like that honestly irk me as well.

-Skyler

Actually, Knight Rider is the show that pulls Trek into the St. Elsewhere globe, just because two 20th-Century scientists in the two shows share the same name.

LOL!

Personally, I think trying to tie in as many shows into that globe is one of those things that give obsessed fans of TV shows bad reps, unless you are trying to "prove" why it was a dumb way to end the series, and that's a pretty good example of why!

As opposed to the fun of reliving playing with your toys as a child and crossing the streams and jokingly fanwanking "excuses" for direct references and homages on podcasts.

Actually, Knight Rider is the show that pulls Trek into the St. Elsewhere globe, just because two 20th-Century scientists in the two shows share the same name.

LOL!

Personally, I think trying to tie in as many shows into that globe is one of those things that give obsessed fans of TV shows bad reps, unless you are trying to "prove" why it was a dumb way to end the series, and that's a pretty good example of why!

As opposed to the fun of reliving playing with your toys as a child and crossing the streams and jokingly fanwanking "excuses" for direct references and homages on podcasts.

As a person who did that last year, thanks.

LOL!

As a person who did that last year, thanks.

Consider it payback for the Aunt May wisecrack last page =;)

BTW, Mike, can this be used to prove Teen Titans, once and for all, was NOT in DCAU continuity? =;)

http://dwaynemcduffie.com/?p=47