The Flash

KnightWing

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the latter. I always preferred Zoom and his entire twisted methodology of making heroes better through tragedy. I co-opted it for a character in a tabletop game I was in. It also works better than bringing the insane amounts of time travel in that are necessary with Reverse Flash.

Also, the name "Professor Zoom, the Reverse Flash of the 25th Century" is possibly the greatest, most Silver Agiest comic book name of all time. If he is not referred to as such, in full, this show is an abject failure.

• 2 weeks later...
So, Mark Waid loved the pilot.
Not only is the #Flash pilot EXCELLENT, but (for this) the dead-mom retcon doesn't grate. Great show, and Tom Cavanagh is astounding.
— Mark Waid (@MarkWaid) May 23, 2014
@gberlanti @AJKreisberg Seriously, you two. #Flash is really, really good. You made it work. Thanks for remembering he ENJOYS HIS WORK.
— Mark Waid (@MarkWaid) May 23, 2014

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, so, sometimes pilots turn up online.

In unrelated news, I was watching something on TV tonight, and in one scene was a busted up cage with the nameplate "GRODD" on it.

Wendee: What's a Grodd?

Me: He's a superintelligent evil gorilla!

Wendee: Oh.

Me: From Gorilla City!

Wendee: ... Okay, I'm out. (leaves room)

Finally got around to watching it... and holy shit that was awesome! I'm a huge fan of The Flash (as you may have noticed...) and I have been excited for this show for a long time... but at the same time I was SUPER nervous that it would end up sucking... but thankfully it was great! (at least the first episode was... let's hope it stays this good...)

And Grant Gustin was amazing!

I was also impressed with the CGI... for it being a pilot episode, it was surprisingly good... (still obviously television... but good nonetheless...)

And the ending was cool!

Okay, I'm done...

Regarding that ending...

I noticed braille patterns on the walls in that secret room, and figured, "THERE MUST BE SECRET MESSAGES WRITTEN ON THEM", so I then proceeded to try learning braille and translating the walls. Then I discovered that the braille is just the letters "Z" and "Q" repeated and rotated randomly. Then I found out that that entire wall texture is just

a generic wall tile you can buy online. Yeah...