Round 2: Robbie Gould v Jim

Missy

The Douchies  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who: Robbie Gould

Actor: Max Cantor

Movie: Dirty Dancing

Douche move(s): Cheats on his girlfriend, gets someone pregnant, and ignores those responsibilities with relish.

Who: Jim

Actor: Anthony Michael Hall

Movie: Edward Scissorhands

Douche move(s): Frames Edward for a robbery, drives drunk, hits Kim, and attempts to murder Edward.

I don't know, Robbie actually thinks it's okay to thank Dr. Houseman for cleaning up his mess -- that "mess" being an unwanted pregnancy. That's worse than Jim's actions in my book.

Really, though, I think the major difference is that Jim's slightly more of a caricature of an asshole, where as I know guys like Robbie.

I don't know, Robbie actually thinks it's okay to thank Dr. Houseman for cleaning up his mess -- that "mess" being an unwanted pregnancy. That's worse than Jim's actions in my book.

Really, though, I think the major difference is that Jim's slightly more of a caricature of an asshole, where as I know guys like Robbie.

That's the sticking point of many of these for me: picking the 'douche-bag' from the pricks and fuck-tards. Jim is more of a fuck-tard (according to my definition). Robbie is a simpering little douche.

Since there is no set definition of a douche bag, at least when it comes to this poll, we're each bringing our own ideas to the table. And that's why I'm loving this tournament; it's the discussion that matters more than the votes.

Whereas I see Robbie as a douche, some might say he was simply a young man in the 1960s and was playing by those rules. As for Jim, there's a solid claim to be made for him, even though I see him more as a cartoon villain when compared to Robbie.