Cast a Comic Couple

Molly

This week's The Line It Is Drawn got me to thinking:

What couples that don't exsist in comics, should? You'll never see Deadpool and Harley hook up due to company split, but who would you want to see, if you could. Basically, what's your favorite fan-ship, slash, whatever.

Personally, I'm all about Deadpool/Harley Quinn, because I have terrible taste and their color schemes match.

I also think that Captain American and Wonder Woman would be absolutely awesome as a couple. Similar personalties (warriors that prefer non-violence), World War II roots, and complementary uniforms.

Oddly, just the other day I was wishing for a Harley Quinn / Deadpool crossover by Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner. It would be the most insane love story since Natural Born Killers, and I would pay good money for it.

Captain America and Wonder Woman would be great, but I'm more of a Wonder Woman / Thor shipper.

Sue Storm and Namor should have been a couple ages ago. If I recall, they were an item for a little while when Reed was dead, but I think Marvel missed a huge opportunity by not having her leave Reed for Namor.

Cap/Wonder Woman has always been a personal favorite as well.

While not technically a couple, Doctor 13 and Reed Richards would make for an epic Bromance. Reed denies the existence of anything non-science based and Doctor 13 debunks it all. Watch as the two of them prove that they can disprove anything while ignoring Sue and Traci 13 who's an obvious witch.

The Human Torch and Fire. They're both firey people with almost the exact same power set. Plus, she's a model/spy and he's a guy that every writer makes mature only for the next to dumb him back down until he becomes mature again only to dumb back down. So, when he's dumb, she can model until he becomes mature again and she can be a spy. It's a win/win!

Sue Storm and Namor should have been a couple ages ago. If I recall, they were an item for a little while when Reed was dead, but I think Marvel missed a huge opportunity by not having her leave Reed for Namor.

It might be my personal preference for Ben Grimm, but I always thought the FF would be so much healthier if Sue and Ben ended up together and Reed remained the asexual Egon Spengler he was meant to be.

It might be my personal preference for Ben Grimm, but I always thought the FF would be so much healthier if Sue and Ben ended up together and Reed remained the asexual Egon Spengler he was meant to be.

One of the things that I adored about Mark Waid's run was that he developed the friendship between Sue and Ben. Like, they actually hung out and enjoyed each other's company without Reed or Johnny around. I don't see them as an item, but I love that they can be family.

As for Namor, it makes no sense that it wasn't ever seriously explored. I mean, don't get me wrong - in the long run, Namor is going to be a terrible boyfriend - but he loves her and fawns over her, while Reed is barely able to acknowledge that she's in the room with him. She should have at least tried something with Sub-Mariner.