Every Film You've Watched in 2015

dc20willsave

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wreck It Ralph: I want a Kingdom Hearts world for this one. I would love Sugar Rush as an area.

Miracle on 34th Street: The original. Another one of my favorite Holiday specials.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens: It felt like Star Wars. Highest praise I can give it.

Feature Films: 110
Direct to DVD: 5
Made-For-TV: 2

Repeats: 7
Riff-Trax Assisted: 14

Star Wars: The Force Awakens: it felt like Star Wars, but, like, good. Easily the best in the series. Honest to goodness solid cinematography and some amazing practical effects as well as amazing digital effects. The story was...well, it was a Star Wars story so it wasn't great. I can't wait to see the standalone films so I can finally see SW do something other than rehashing the same bogus storyline over and over. Someone tell Keira Knightley that there's a younger, prettier version of her who is in an actually decent Star Wars movie. She can go home now. I really liked Boyega, though. Solid performance by an actor who embraced what this was. Someone tell Kylo Ren to put his mask back on, please.

Smiles the Devil: feature for the fest

A Horror Flick: short for the fest.

Feature Films: 194

Documentaries: 15

Short films: 31

Rewatches: 3

A Very Murray Christmas: yeah it sucks, but has a Christmas Special ever been good? No. The answer is no. There's some goodness here: Murray's awkward comedy works sometimes, George Clooney during the cover of Santa Claus Wants Some Lovin' is goofy as fuck, Miley Cyrus' voice is undeniable. The true travesty of this thing is that it teases, and then robs us of a cover of Fairytale of New York by David Johansen and Jenny Lewis. It may have been the greatest thing ever. I'll call this a documentary, as it is basically a performance film.

Shorts for the fest: Penta/Wexford

Feature Films: 194

Documentaries: 16

Short films: 33

Rewatches: 3

The Sound of Music: The classic Julie Andrews film. It's saccharine, it plays fast and loose with fact, but the music is some of Rodger and Hammerstein's best and Julie Andrews rocks. I still look at it as a classic.

Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas: Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney film. This is not that movie. I have major problems with it and, while it's not that sequel that ruins the original, it also has no consequence on the original.

Christmas With the Cranks: Just an absolutely terrible movie that can't even believe in it's own message. It fails on so many levels that it has to find a new one in order to continue failing.

Ernest Saves Christmas: I know it's not a great movie but still a great Christmas movie. It gets the spirit of the season and Jim Varney is giving his all.

March of the Wooden Soldiers: The old Laurel and Hardy film. It's not great but it's not bad. I'm pretty luke-warm on it.

I'm Not Ready For Christmas:Did you say you wanted to see Liar Liar done at Christmas made for the Hallmark Channel? No? Well, too bad because it exists!

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation: This is my catharsis movie. This is the movie that I watch every year for Christmas and it is my favorite Christmas movie of all time. It's always funny and always just what Christmas is. It's not pretty, it's not fancy, but it's family. It's Christmas.

Circle: It takes a slightly ridiculous premise and a first act that doesn't work so well and makes it into a more and more psychological film. The main idea is simple: A Bunch of people come to in a room and, every 2 minutes, one of them is killed. Eventually, they realize they have the ability to vote who dies. This is Survivor and Big Brother taken to the extreme as people argue over who dies, who has the right to decide, etc.

Feature Films: 116
Direct to DVD: 6
Made-For-TV: 3

Circle: It takes a slightly ridiculous premise and a first act that doesn't work so well and makes it into a more and more psychological film. The main idea is simple: A Bunch of people come to in a room and, every 2 minutes, one of them is killed. Eventually, they realize they have the ability to vote who dies. This is Survivor and Big Brother taken to the extreme as people argue over who dies, who has the right to decide, etc.

There's a Melissa Joan Hart movie called Nine Dead that has this exact same plot.

I legit thought you watched the same movie until I double checked the title.

Trainwreck: More of the same from Apatow, though redeemed by a fantastic cast. Amy Schumer is hilarious, and Bill Hader might be the most under-appreciated man in show business. John Cena was a delight, as well.

Toy Story 3: I hadn't seen this before tonight and could not have been more disappointed. It's a very well made film, technically speaking. It's got a great cast and fantastic moments of comedy. But it is so unceasingly grim. It's not a movie I want my son to watch. I don't want to watch it a again. I get that Pixar is trying to impart the hard lessons and all, but Jesus, this just wasn't fun to watch.

Toy Story 3: I hadn't seen this before tonight and could not have been more disappointed. It's a very well made film, technically speaking. It's got a great cast and fantastic moments of comedy. But it is so unceasingly grim. It's not a movie I want my son to watch. I don't want to watch it a again. I get that Pixar is trying to impart the hard lessons and all, but Jesus, this just wasn't fun to watch.

That scene in the incinerator is fucking terrifying.

It's not just the incinerator, the daycare and the evil toys there and Lotso's story and the fact that the puppy was way older than it should have been and the fact that their solution of being saved by Bonnie buys them another decade, maybe.

If I want "life is terrible and everyone you will ever love will leave you and die," there are plenty of movies for that, and I've enjoyed a few of them. That whole nihilistic mentality doesn't work when it's being espoused by a cartoon cowboy and marketed with toddler toys.

Electric Boogaloo: Holy fuck, Cannon Films was more messed up than I thought. I am a little disappointed a couple of my favorites weren't mentioned or glossed over but still, an interesting documentary.

Mulan: As far as Disney films go, it's pretty good. It's nowhere near the early 90s output but better than many of the films that came after. Most of the music if great and the animation is beautiful.

Parallels: It was intended as a pilot for the TV series and it shows. I like the premise (an abandoned building is the gateway to the multiverse) even if it does feel a bit close to Sliders. If it had went to series, I might have watched it. As is, they didn't even try to tack on a resolution making the entire thing feel so unfulfilling.

The Rugrats Movie: Its okay, nothing special.

Feature Films: 119
Direct to DVD: 6

Documentary: 1
Made-For-TV: 3