Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Every Film You've Watched in 2015

949 posts in this topic

Posted

Last time I watched Starship Troopers, I found it had one too many battles. Otherwise, it amazing.

Posted

Darkman: Talk about a movie that knows what it wants to be and goes for it. I can see someone watching this and thinking it's absolute crap, and there are a lot of moments that play so arch it's almost as though the film wants you to think that. But Sam Raimi's clearly got love oozing out of every pour of this movie, and it shows. The hardass origin sequence, the violence, the gore, the drama, the melodrama. Scenes like the accident that turns Neeson into Darkman, Ted Raimi's hilariously awesome demise, the battle at Darkman's headquarters and that fucking unbelievable Pink Elephant sequence really put this over the top for me. The final scene is so typical yet so badass, it's amazing. I loved this film.

Posted

Last time I watched Starship Troopers, I found it had one too many battles. Otherwise, it amazing.

Yeah, I think I'd say the same thing. That and there's probably one too many characters

Posted

Hook: What was I thinking?:

Hook is crap, even Spielberg said so.

What he said. Though he was definitely a talented actor, you can't dance around the fact that Robin Williams was in a lot of crappy films that he did little to make better, including Hook...

Ok, it's not great overall and is pretty saccharine in places, but it's nowhere near Spielberg's worst film and is kind of the perfect way to do a back-to-Neverland story. Williams, Hoffman, and Hoskins are amazing.

Posted

Jupiter Ascending: Now I understand why Dubs hates Star Wars.

Films Watched: 196

Repeats: 3

Posted

I haven't watched it yet, so this should be interesting.

Posted

Oh, it was interesting, all right.

Posted

It's super not good.

Posted

It's a trash fire, but it's a fun trash fire. 

Posted

What he said. Though he was definitely a talented actor, you can't dance around the fact that Robin Williams was in a lot of crappy films that he did little to make better, including Hook...

Ok, it's not great overall and is pretty saccharine in places, but it's nowhere near Spielberg's worst film and is kind of the perfect way to do a back-to-Neverland story. Williams, Hoffman, and Hoskins are amazing.

I've seen a lot of rag on Hook lately, and feels to me like it's kind of come out of nowhere. I've not seen it in several years, but to my memory I thought people liked it.

Posted

I've seen a lot of rag on Hook lately, and feels to me like it's kind of come out of nowhere. I've not seen it in several years, but to my memory I thought people liked it.

As I recall it was a flop, and Spielberg took a lot of critical flak for it. That said, I remember liking it well enough.

Posted

It's a trash fire, but it's a fun trash fire. 

Ditto. I feel it's a bit of a farve myself.

Posted

Personally, I'm just gonna go with 'trash fire' myself.

Posted

The Babadook: While not as scary as everyone says it is, it's still very good. 

Films Watched: 197

Posted

Everyone I knew in high school loved Hook, but I never saw the appeal. I've been meaning to give it another look, though.

Posted

Atlantis: The Lost Empire: Not the greatest film in the world, but it's alright for what it is.

Films Watched: 198

Posted

Shaun of the Dead: A good film, but not great. I've always thought there was something holding it back, and I think that thing is that it's a little too lean, and quick. But still, ultimately very good.

Films Watched: 199

Posted

Mad Max: Fury Road: Still really enjoyable

Films Watched: 199

Repeats: 4

Posted

The Thing: One of John Carpenter's best, quite frankly.

Films Watched: 200

Repeats: 4

Posted

The Hateful Eight: Really good!

Posted

Reveries of a solitary walker: feature for the fest. A little too heavy for me tonight.

Shorts for the fest: Passage 379/darKleto (antimedia diptych - chapter 2)

Feature Films: 197

Documentaries: 16

Short films: 34

Rewatches: 3

Posted

This thread will be closed in a few days, so make sure to add your final thoughts soon.

Posted

Dang. Had the wifi worked at my hotel room this past week, I would have crashed through 200 feature films easily. Though, I suppose if you add the ones I watched more than once this year, I would hit 200...then all the documentaries. Decent year for film. I'll beat the count next year, methinks.

Posted

Including repeats, 150 movies last year. That said, many of those were repeats from the previous year so I need to work on that. I believe I am going to try to hit 200 this next year though that does meam averaging four movies a week.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0