Transformers 5 and Beyond

I'm gonna hazard a guess and say that they are negotiating with the Akiva Goldsmith who wrote "Batman and Robin" and "Winters Tale" not the Goldsmith of "A Beautiful Mind."

Considering I find A Beautiful Mind to be pretty wretched, I don't see much of a difference outside one of those won an Oscar for some reason.

I'm gonna hazard a guess and say that they are negotiating with the Akiva Goldsmith who wrote "Batman and Robin" and "Winters Tale" not the Goldsmith of "A Beautiful Mind."

Considering I find A Beautiful Mind to be pretty wretched, I don't see much of a difference outside one of those won an Oscar for some reason.

I enjoyed "A Beautiful Mind" but absolutely hated "A Winters Tale." Lets see I am taking a look on his IMDB page and found that he also wrote the Screenplay for the 1998 "Lost in Space movie." He also worked on "I Robot" a movie I thought was okay until I read the original book. "I am Legend" and his current project is... (Steps away from the computer to the bathroom)

GN14ap4Mx3Ko0.gif

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

He has said each one would be his last since ROTF.  All they have to do is keep backing up dump trucks of money to his house and he'll keep making them.  Also, churning out one of these per year is going to make them even more awful, if that is even possible.  ROTF was on a whole other plane of shittiness because they rushed it out in a stupidly short amount of time.  Why would 6 and 7 be any different?

I'm calling it now: one of these upcoming movies will feature Optimus Prime (and maybe Megatron) going back in time, and said time-travel will result in the creation of the Autobots in a paradoxical event. That's the only way this shit could get more convoluted.

• 3 months later...

I'm out. I've seen the first four abominations and I am not watching any more.

Granted, I said this after the third movie. I watched the fourth one one anyway to be able to better follow along with the Tirades podcast. I think I can enjoy the Real Protagonists' pain without subjecting myself to the same pain.

So now I'm done. It's not worth it. You guys knock yourself out. But I will totally understand if you refuse to go back into Bayland.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

When you have a director whose whole gimmick is "Style over Substance" its easy to manipulate an audience into thinking this looks "okay". But If anyone (other than the small group of 13 years old and people who just like "Boom Boom") can take a look past the explosions, the CG, and the Style, you'll realize this is just a soggy taco.

A soggy taco you've boughten from someone you know is notorious for giving out and overcharging for soggy tacos. Its not even a good taco. Its just the hollow shell. And it falls apart in your hands. And the little cheese that is inside is still frozen. And the salsa has mixed with the dampness of the taco, creating an uncomfortable taco to liquid ratio. But, nonetheless, some good comes from the soggy taco. And that good is getting to read and enjoy the horrific reviews Jorge and his Taco Stand "Taco-2-Go" get on Trip Advisor. And then relishing in the fact that you hated that taco just as much as another person. And you two can bond because even though it seems like every other person will blindly put down their money for these tacos, like they have somehow forgotten the tacos prior, you and your comrade can share the fact that you know and you always knew; this will be the worst taco yet.

In other words, I'm eagerly anticipating the Tirade for this one.