Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Legion

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Whoa!

Did not see that coming.

Posted

Legion is one of those X-Men characters that I've always liked in small doses but I feel like there is the potential for people to take things wrong with it's reflection of mental illness. I mean, they have the right definition for schizophrenia there.

Posted

I see 'Legion series' and I think 'of Super-Heroes' not 'X-Character'.

Posted

Legion is one of those X-Men characters that I've always liked in small doses but I feel like there is the potential for people to take things wrong with it's reflection of mental illness. I mean, they have the right definition for schizophrenia there.

Yeah, if anything, he has multiple personality disorder.

They'll really neuter him for TV I think.

Posted

Is there are recording of the meeting where they settled on Legion? I really want to hear that meeting. 

Posted

The pressers have been specifically pointing to the Spurrier run on Legacy recently as one to look at for this, and if that's the case, I am super fucking encouraged by that. 

Posted

My interest is piqued now.

Posted

Dan Stevens as David Haller (or whatever the hell they're going to call him)? I'm in.

Posted

Posted

Looks delightfully bonkers.

Posted

A glowing review from Nerdist.

Posted

Three episodes in and I want to say I like the show, but I don't. It's trying so hard to be smart that it just ends up being hard to follow. Seriously, if you turn your attention away for just a few seconds you might be lost when you look back. The one thing that surprised me that I did end up liking was Aubrey Plaza. I am not a fan of hers but she is really good as a crazy person and isn't her usual annoying character she plays in everything. There are no tie-ins with the X-Men at all. The evil demon guy reminds me of John Leguizamo as the Clown/Violator in Spawn and it just makes me laugh every time it is on screen. 

Posted

Watched the first four episodes today.  And it's interesting.  The fractured nature of the storytelling has a point in that 'he's crazzy~!' and all that.  But it can be really difficult to follow at times.  The two leads have a very awkward chemistry, which again, I think is the point.  It just isn't that enjoyable.  And I don't really know what I was hoping from this series, but this feels like it is taking forever to move along.   I have the next two episodes ready to go.  I'm still interested enough to continue with them, but that might be my jumping off point.

Posted

I think it started getting good at episode 5. I've completely turned around how I feel about it. I also think Aubrey Plaza deserves an Emmy. I never thought I would say that.