No rush of course, but is there a timetable for the Spectre episode?

SteveJRogers

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

At this rate I could probably still send in feedback..
Waiting.jpg

See my post from the 1st of Feb last year.   Then listen to the referenced Hey, An Actor! episode.

TL:DL version, bad stuff happened during the recording session, and the guys thought so little of the film that its not worth all the time and effort to give it the full FYEO effort (beat-by-beat, production drop ins, etc).

I don't know what TL:DL means, but you're only half right. Yes, the raw recording is utterly fucked up, but the finished episode - whenever it surfaces - will be akin to traditional FYEO. But I have had issues with the following:

a) current podcasts - I do two monthly podcasts, one of which I have full editing duties for. They take precedence;

b) aforementioned raw recording issues;

c) previous PC crashed at the end of February so I have had to buy a new PC and sort through new editing software;

d) part of the original recording has been forever lost - luckily it's the intro leading up to the song. This will require re-recording;

e) It's a lot of effort to devote to, well, Spectre.....

In short, it's a massive undertaking, of which I have very limited time to dedicate to (I am currently studying for professional examinations outside of my full-time job) and isn't my main priority, hence the delay. I'm sorry if that disappoints anyone, but the Spectre episode is ultimately a one-off special for a defunct podcast which ran out its original lifespan. If you (in the general sense, rather than a specific poster in this thread) feel annoyed that it hasn't been released as of yet, then please reassess what you consider to be important in life. It WILL be completed, but at my own pace - and look at my forum handle if you need a clue....

The 'Spectre' episode was one I was excited for, but something I am in no way disappointed about not having. Of course Ian's other responsibilities and (you know) life. take precedence. I was more so curious, as I don't listen to 'Hey! An Actor' (shame on me), and therefore have been somewhat out of the loop. If it ever comes, I'd be happy to listen; however, I am more than content re-listening to episodes of old, and pretending Spectre was never released. 

I was more so curious, as I don't listen to 'Hey! An Actor' (shame on me), and therefore have been somewhat out of the loop.

Ian brought up the delays and this thread in that episode mentioned.  No clue off hand which segment though.  Maybe the Groundhog Day review?  

Anyway, its a great podcast, and good way to get your fix of Ian Wilson, Esq (kinda)

I don't know what TL:DL means, but you're only half right. Yes, the raw recording is utterly fucked up, but the finished episode - whenever it surfaces - will be akin to traditional FYEO. But I have had issues with the following:

a) current podcasts - I do two monthly podcasts, one of which I have full editing duties for. They take precedence;

b) aforementioned raw recording issues;

c) previous PC crashed at the end of February so I have had to buy a new PC and sort through new editing software;

d) part of the original recording has been forever lost - luckily it's the intro leading up to the song. This will require re-recording;

e) It's a lot of effort to devote to, well, Spectre.....

In short, it's a massive undertaking, of which I have very limited time to dedicate to (I am currently studying for professional examinations outside of my full-time job) and isn't my main priority, hence the delay. I'm sorry if that disappoints anyone, but the Spectre episode is ultimately a one-off special for a defunct podcast which ran out its original lifespan. If you (in the general sense, rather than a specific poster in this thread) feel annoyed that it hasn't been released as of yet, then please reassess what you consider to be important in life. It WILL be completed, but at my own pace - and look at my forum handle if you need a clue....

I sympathize, and am going through most of that myself actually.