Help influence Episode 26!

slothian

Yes, you can help influence not only the film Pandy & I use as the joint review, but the homework we assign each other to plot the range of their career. As announced in Episode 24, our subject will be Dustin Hoffman.

Pandy & I will take an executive decision on what makes the joint review on Saturday 16th January,  so get your ideas in before then!

Not sure if this is worthy of an HA discussion, especially since most likely it applies to just about every actor/actress/director covered, and perhaps I may email it as well, but there is an interesting road not taken with Hoffman.  He was all set to be the Bloom character in Mel Brooks' The Producers before landing the role in The Graduate.  Might be interesting to discuss Hoffman in Gene Wilder's place in The Producers and other Mel Brooks films.  And quite possibly other iconic Wilder roles such as Willy Wonka and his team-ups with Richard Pryor.  

No doubt he could pull those off just as well as Gene Wilder did, but it would be an interesting concept to play with.

All The President's Men is rather excellent.

Not seen much more of his work though (besides Dick Tracy, but he hasn't got a big role in that).

Awww geez, how did I forget THAT one!

Though, do we really need two Brits who weren't alive at the time discussing how messed up our government can be with an event from nearly 45 years ago? =;)