Episode 36: Paul Williams

RSS

To round off this awful year, and in the spirit of festive tradition, The Brothers Wilson sit down by their respective fireplaces to discuss someone who, while an actor in his own right, is more renowned as a composer and musician. That is the genius Paul Williams! To explore his mark on cinema, Ian and Pandy discuss Bugsy Malone, a film where children kill each other, and Phantom of the Paradise, a film where musicians kill people. Notice a theme? Find out how Ian feels about the questionable taste of Bugsy Malone, and what an extremely tired Pandy makes of the cult classic musical horror. There's also the timely fun of outtakes from HAA's Year of Grey, and the annual spectacular of The Tomlinson awards! So many reasons to be merry this Christmas. You're welcome! [ 2:36:36 || 75.6 MB ]

Only just started but I'm suddenly recalling two reasons I like Bugsy Malone without remembering a lot of it. Firstly, we did bad guys as part of an ensemble in my light opera group when I was about 11 so it's ingrained in my head. Secondly, it inspired this excellent one shot music video by Edgar Wright shot for the Bluetones (both Edgar and I are big fans, just check out his film soundtracks). Sorry about the shitty copy-

http://www.jukebo.com/afterhours/music-clip,the-bluetones,qlukrp.html

Edited by Stavros

• 2 weeks later...