Every Film You've Watched in 2017

teenalphabro

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kubo and the Two Strings: Laika doing one of their most beautiful films yet, and one of their better written original ones too. Definitely worth a watch if you find it. (They could've used some Japanese-American actors in more than bit roles, tbh, but this can't be perfect.) plus, gorgeous cover of While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

Time to start 2017!

Iron Man: I decided to rewatch some of the Marvel films and, sure enough, here this is on Amazon Prime! It works and reminds me of a simpler time when these films weren't being forced to coexist. I forgot how much of this film is just origin. Still, this things lives or dies off of Robert Downey Jr.'s charisma. It lives, definitely lives.

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: I think this is my first time seeing this since I was a kid. I forgot about the marital distress between Rick Moranis and Wife. It has some great sets and use of perspective shots along with the trick shots. Pretty cool.

Films: 2

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: I think this is my first time seeing this since I was a kid. I forgot about the marital distress between Rick Moranis and Wife. It has some great sets and use of perspective shots along with the trick shots. Pretty cool.

:cry:

Absolutely killed me.   

honeyishrunkthekidsmadeus.jpg
Edited by Professor

This was the best Fantastic Four movie until The Incredibles. Might still be, too. One day, a double feature might be in order to determine a winner.

This was the best Fantastic Four movie until The Incredibles. Might still be, too. One day, a double feature might be in order to determine a winner.

It shits all over Ant-Man too.

Don't Breathe: Competent, entertaining fare that went on fifteen minutes past its expiration date, with a squicky twist

Hahaha! "Squicky" is a word for it. I felt that for a movie called "Don't Breathe" there was a lot of desperate panting by people hiding from a blind guy.

Bridget Jones's Diary: As an American, Renee Zellwegger has a believable enough accent though I'm sure a real British person(s) could correct me on that. As is, it's a fun little movie, only straying into the crappier rom com movie tropes on rare occasions.

Hotel Transylvania: Cute, a bit of fun, though a smidgen predictable. Still, if I was 8, I would love this. As 31, it's okay.

Films: 4

Gremlins 2: The New Batch: one of the more successful sequels I can think of. It certainly tops the first film in every way. It's smart, it's cute, it's funny as hell and it DOES NOT GIVE A FUCK. The cast is brilliant. Everyone from Christopher Lee to grandpa Munster to Hulk Hogan. Lovely.

Bare Branches/Night Kaleidoscope: features of the festival.

Features: 4

Shorts: 0

Documentaries: 0

Rewatches: 0

Captain America: Civil War: I figured, hey, maybe the film would be better the second time. Maybe I could just enjoy it as dunb, stupid action.

Nope. Still sucks. Even the airport fight is less inpressive.

Ocean's 12: It does everything a sequel to a surprisingly successful film does: Try to duplicate everything that made the original good and fun and miss the actual charm. Also, occasionally treat your audience like idiots and reveal something in  the denouement that makes Act 2 and 3 conpletely unnecessary aka The Saw School of Storytelling. The entire Julia Roberts thing is just extra cringe on the cake.

Films: 6

Best Film So Far: Honey, I Shrunk The Kids

Worst Film So Far: Ocean's 12 (but just barely)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The more recent one. It's fun but isn't anything special. Still, it could be a lot worse. The designs on the turtles took some getting used to and there was a bit too much Megan Fox for my tastes.

Films: 7
Best Film So Far: Honey, I Shrunk The Kids
Worst Film So Far: Ocean's 12 (but just barely)

Edited by dc20willsave

Goosebumps: so, several years ago at the World Horror Convention, I was attending the Bram Stoker Awards (the Oscars for horror fiction) when they gave RL Stine a Lifetime Achievement Award for his impact on getting children to read. It was pretty cool but he delivered a video speech saying he was sad he couldn't attend, because he was in production on a Goosebumps movie with Jack Black playing him. Everybody laughed. A couple months later, the film was announced and it was true. I finally saw it tonight and I fucking loved it. Cade and I were laughing and loving the monsters. Jack Black is great. Some of the CGI is a little hinky, but it's not like this is a 200 million dollar movie. Good fun. I wished they made more of these, or even more kids horror movies.

Features: 7

Shorts: 0

Documentaries: 0

Rewatches: 0