Every Film You've Watched in 2017

teenalphabro

Thor: It's both a good Marvel film but also an example of how to do one wrong. It could be fun at times but it also just could never get all the way there.

The Avengers: It's alright. When it's firing on all cylinders, it's awesome. When it can barely turn the ignition though...

Films: 62
Made-For-TV Movie: 2
MST3K/Rifftrax: 16
Repeats: 1

Best Film So Far: All About Eve
Best Film So Far that isn't one of Will's five favorite of all time: Duck Soup

Worst Film So Far That Isn't Showgirls: Cruel Intentions 2

I really like the first Thor, it's one of my favorite Marvel movies. Because I know shit about him from the comics, I found both his and Loki's storylines very compelling. 

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Beast: Walerian Borowcyzk's bizarre movie about bestiality feels like a collaboration between poe and Manara, so I loved it. Interesting to see special features discuss a sequel never filmed in which a woman gives birth to a seal/human hybrid. weird. Thankfully an unofficial sequel was filmed called Beast in Space. Yeah. I've seen that one too.

Gunpoint: a short documentary about pheasant hunting. Definitely ant-hunting but very even-handed. No voiceover, just the lifecycle of a pheasant from the egg to the plate.

Features: 54

Shorts: 21

Documentaries: 5

Rewatches: 0

How?

Because I'm less invested in the Joker, Harley, and Killer Croc than I am in Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Lex Luthor. Plus Deadshot had a nice rapport with Flag. Still, it has many of things wrong with it and I don't plan to see it again.

The Rugrats Movie: There are a surprising number of dick jokes in this kid's movie.

The Good Dinosaur: Pixar did a great diservice by releasing this the same year as Inside Out, forcing comparisons. Its a fun movie that provokes some feels and is pretty to look at.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombie: Meh.

Troop Beverly Hills: I had an older sister growing up and I saw this like so many times growing up. Its a decent film in the spirit of Bad New Bears only with girl scouts.

Race For You, Charlie Brown: It works for what it is.

Films: 67

Secretary: Starring Maggie Gyllenhall and James Spader.

Holy crap, this was a good movie. Much more earnest and subtle than 50 Shades, and has more integrity (shocking). Spader is never not awesome, but Maggie Gyllenhall blew me away. She was terrific and unbelievably sexy in this. I couldn't look away.

Secretary: Starring Maggie Gyllenhall and James Spader.

Holy crap, this was a good movie. Much more earnest and subtle than 50 Shades, and has more integrity (shocking). Spader is never not awesome, but Maggie Gyllenhall blew me away. She was terrific and unbelievably sexy in this. I couldn't look away.

Super-underrated. Felt like the best of Tinto Brass.

Desperately Seeking Susan: Needed some background noise. This sufficed. It's a fun film, definitely one of Madonna's best. Not that there's much competition.

Beetlejuice: You would never be able to tell but Michael Keaton is in this for less than a thirty minutes. Love it so much.

Films: 69

Wild Oats: this is a middling cute comedy for old people at best, kind of like 75% of British television (wink), but it is definitely elevated by its excellent cast. Shirley Maclaine and Jessica Lange are always incredible and the great Howard Hesseman (who I haven't seen in anything since fucking About Schmidt 15 years ago). 

Features: 58

Shorts: 21

Documentaries: 5

Rewatches: 0

The Lego Batman Movie: Is it the best Batman movie of all time? No but it's a fun and loving tribute to the character, his history, and the fandom.

Cry Wilderness, Carnival Magic: Rewatched for a future episode of The Show.

Wonder Woman: I'll post some more thoughts over in the thread but, in short, it's the best Superhero movie since Winter Soldier which I would say was the best Superhero movie since The Dark Knight. Make of that what you will. Highly recommend.

Films: 71
Repeats: 3