Episode 01: ECW Barely Legal

RSS

Damien and Desmond talk wrestling. A lot. They needed a reason to bullshit regularly. Okay, another reason to bullshit regularly. So, why not go through the pay-per-views of ECW, the little wrestling promotion that could? See, Desmond is a lapsed fan whose final days were in the Attitude Era, and Damien is the fount of knowledge. That's the framework. This episode discusses the beginnings of Extreme Championship Wrestling, and, in particular, its first true PPV: 1997's Barely Legal. There's lots of critical talk about the ECW stable. Except New Jack. The producers of this podcast respect and admire Mr. Jack in every way and mean no disrespect in any way. [ 3:05:52 || 89.7 MB ]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hahaha!

I only found out that this was a thing today, and there's already a Des/Dubs aftershow convo going! TOO excited!!!

No one knew about this before today except Dubs, Mike and I. Even then, Mike hasn't known for that long.

Yup. Only found out about two-ish weeks ago when I received an e-mail entitled "Surprise!" :D

Also Tom and I will be out back after closing, bring your knives :)

To be fair, Cure is given a lot of credit.

Very excited to listen to this. Couple of my favourite hosts on a subject that's right in my wheelhouse. Plus now us grizzled veterans get to pass down all our wisdom about the wrestling podcasting game to you young whippersnappers.

1. Make sure you know the house so Mike pays you properly.

2. Protect the business at all times, people have to believe you're a real wrestling podcast host. If someone walks up to you in real life you're only allowed to answer them with an anecdote about Paul Heyman's booking or Terry Funk being a crazy old man.

I'm about half way through listening now. This show has been great so far. It's nice to hear a wrestling show that's actually, y'know, enthusiastic about what they're watching.

Just in regards to Dick Togo; he "retired" a few years back, but has made a few comebacks since then. He opened a wrestling school in Vietnam and helped create their first wrestling promotion. He actually returned to the US last year and had a really fun match with Chris Hero (which is available for free on Floslam http://www.floslam.tv/video/1019677-evolve-74-chris-hero-vs-dick-togo#.WNsyA52Q9aQ) and I know he's announced for an upcoming PWG show.