Sign in to follow this  
The Master

Bruce Wayne and the Lazarus Pits

Something has always bothered me: Knowing he's not immortal and will eventually become too old to be Batman, why wouldn't Bruce Wayne take advantage of the Lazarus Pits? I'm not talking about joing Ra's al Ghul or Talia; I'm simply talking about using them to stay young so he can better continue his fight as Batman.

Sure, Bruce would have trouble explaining his longevity to the greater world, but that's hardly a reason to not use them.

Preston   

The deterioration of his mental health as a side effect, I'd have to imagine. 

I'm pretty sure they slowly drive you crazy. 

Edited by Preston

The deterioration of his mental health as a side effect, I'd have to imagine. 

I'm pretty sure they slowly drive you crazy. 

Ah. While I knew of the momentary post-dip psychosis, I wasn't aware of the long-term sanity loss.

The possibility of being in the back pocket of the al Ghul's? Mistrust?

True, but I can see Batman being able to get out of that. Plus, it could make for a good story: a recently rejuvenated Bruce Wayne under the thumb of Ra's al Ghul is somewhat compelling.

Donomark   

I believe the Pits for a long time are rare across the world. Like, they're always running out. Which is why Ra's was so effing mad when Talia plopped Jason Todd in one.

Also, even though he doesn't really want Dick to succeed him (again), I think Bruce is resigned to the eventuality that he'll be replaced by his former partners.