Episode 957

RSS

Now that the third season of The Flash has drawn to a close, travel back in time as Chris and Donovan discuss the second season. Did it reach the heights of the highly praised first season? Was Zoom a threat worthy of following the machinations of the Reverse-Flash? Which of the hosts was less than impressed with the annual Arrow crossover? How do DC fan favorites Jay Garrick and Wally West fare in live action? And what were their initial reactions to the reality altering conclusion? [ 4:05:00 || 121.3 MB ]

Only just finished this one! As ever, lovely to hear Chris & Donovan verbalise their feelings rather than simply positing in the forums/on Twitter, as the discussion make you both sound more positive than your texted words would suggest. Of course, I may be saying that having seen your Season 3 thoughts!

I haven't had time to rewatch season 2 (nor continue with Comic Reel-lief/FYEO/file tax returns/wash) so your discussion constantly had me going "oh yeah!", but I don't think there's anything I fundamentally disagree with you with. Aside from Cisco - that character's hilarious, or as you Americans would say, the "bomb-diggety"!

I've only seen the opening two-parter of Season 3 thus far, but once my exam is over in a fortnight or so, I'll get myself acquainted so that I can meet you chaps head on!

Glad you enjoyed it! I was actually listening back thinking to myself "Did I dislike Cisco that much?" Because at this late date I don't really remember too well. That might be because, and this is something Chris and I agreed one when we recorded our season 3 thoughts a week ago, Cisco's best season was season 3. But I've kinda cancelled my subscription of Haterade with him. Carlos Valdes is awesome. Although him blowing Barry's ID in the crossover will always be moronic.

Hopefully when you hear the season 3 discussion it won't be jarring, as we really were a lot more critical of it unfortunately. Hurling Chris under the bus, he's more ruthless than I when it comes to CW shows in general, but season 3 had a lot more brain farts than season 2 in our minds. 

On 6/3/2017 at 6:17 PM, Donomark said:

Hurling Chris under the bus, he's more ruthless than I when it comes to CW shows in general, but season 3 had a lot more brain farts than season 2 in our minds. 

*taps head* Can't be hurled under the bus when I've never been shy about it.