Sign in to follow this  
RSS

Episode 514

RSS   

This week, Dread Media embarks on the first of what we hope is many David Cronenberg double features. Chris and Desmond grab films from his early career, and his creative peak, to kick things off: Rabid and Dead Ringers. Then they play music: "Necromantic Woman" by Space God Ritual, "Rabid (Over Your)" by The Damned, "Dead Ringer Struck" by Truth, and "The Operating Room" by Howard Shore. [ 1:33:40 || 45.2 MB ]

Rjoyadet   

Great episode, it was only a couple of weeks ago that I watched my first Cronenberg film "eXistenZ" and I really enjoyed it.  Des, have you seen any episodes of Parasyte: The Maxim?

Dread   

This is the first I've heard of that. Worth a look?

Also, eXistenZ would probably fall into the slot of Cronenberg's most underrated films in my opinion. Very much a companion piece to Videodrome. Nowhere near as good as that film but only like three movies ever made are.

Rjoyadet   

Cartoon Network showed some episodes on Toonami during late night Saturdays. It is a Studio Madhouse production, and I have grown to like their work. It is based off of the manga by Hitoshi Iwaaki who was heavily inspired by John Carpenters "The Thing." If it just happens to be on TV and you have nothing better to do, you might enjoy it.