Sign in to follow this  
slothian

Help influence Episode 44!

slothian   

Yes, you can help influence not only the film Pandy & I use as the joint review, but the homework we assign each other to plot the range of their career. As announced in Episode 42, our subject will be Burt Reynolds.

Pandy & I will take an executive decision on what makes the joint review on Saturday 22nd July so get your ideas in before then!

NB) We won't be covering Boogie Nights.

Dan   

Deliverance (It's not just that one scene), The Longest Yard, Smokey and the Bandit, Mystery, Alaska. Cannonball Run if you're up for really dopey self-indulgence.

Stavros   

Smokey and the Bandit. It is THE Burt Reynolds film.

Man, when I was a kid Burt Reynold was the coolest man alive and the Pontiac Trans-am was the dream car everyone wanted.

It got repeated a lot on itv, and I think I rented it a fair few times as well. I'm not secretly much older than I claim. :ph34r:

slothian   
8 minutes ago, Stavros said:

Man, when I was a kid Burt Reynold was the coolest man alive.

Dude, you're not quite 2 years older than I am, and Burt Reynolds was NEVER on my radar as a child. Bristol ITV must've been a very different beast - Central simply padded out their schedules with repeats of Blockbusters.

Stavros   
55 minutes ago, slothian said:

Dude, you're not quite 2 years older than I am, and Burt Reynolds was NEVER on my radar as a child. Bristol ITV must've been a very different beast - Central simply padded out their schedules with repeats of Blockbusters.

I guess I was just a much cooler child than you. 

Basically I ran around with my pontiac trans-am hotwheels car singing "Eastbound and down" a lot. I was Archer. giphy.gif

It's also a timeless thematic southern sheriff tie in with JW Pepper from the Bond films.

Preston   

Timeless?  That's Jackie friggin' Gleason as Sheriff Beaufort T. Justice! 

...But yeah, Smokey and the Bandit. Easily my favorite Burt Reynolds movie.