Episode 43: Kate Winslet

RSS

Kate Winslet is one of the most acclaimed actresses of her generation: fact. With that in mind, how will The Brothers Wilson screw up / trivialize their analysis of one of the most famous people to come out of Berkshire, England? The film choices certainly stack up: starting with Winslet's Oscar win for the post-World War II drama The Reader, proceeding on to her breakthrough role as Marianne Dashwood in Emma Thompson's 1995 adaptation of Sense and Sensibility, and then as the female lead in a little film known as Titanic. The always razor-sharp analysis involves Alan Rickman impressions, a timely reference to Divine Brown, and a failure on both hosts to say the word "admirable". This episode also marks the debut appearances of Ralph Fiennes, Ioan Gruffudd, and Billy "Slam Evil" Zane, whilst the actor Greg Wise is mocked for being a minor celebrity. And if you think this episode is ending on a Celine Dion song, you're only partly correct. [ 3:09:03 || 91.1 MB ]

• 2 weeks later...

Yay, I'm fully caught up! Also this episode caused me to watch Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice and the Pride and Prejudice miniseries in the last couple of days. My conclusion? The greatest enemy of society in those days was rain, which almost kills the secondary female character in both tales.