Everything Marvel

JackFetch

49 minutes ago, Dread said:

37 year old Des: "Hey, 10 year old version of me: in my day, there's an Inhumans series on regular television."

10 year old Des: "WHAT? OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!"

37 year old Des: "Yeah, but I never even bothered watching because it looks like shit and is no better looking than the terrible Agents of SHIELD series."

10 year old Des: "Agents of SHIELD series?!!!!"

I've said it before: if I had a time machine and could go anywhere I wanted, I would visit 10 year old Dan and regale him with all the amazing comics shit that was going to come out in the next few decades. "Seriously, there's going to be movies and TV shows about Marvel characters, and most of them are actually going to be GOOD!"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Dan said:

I've said it before: if I had a time machine and could go anywhere I wanted, I would visit 10 year old Dan and regale him with all the amazing comics shit that was going to come out in the next few decades. "Seriously, there's going to be movies and TV shows about Marvel characters, and most of them are actually going to be GOOD!"

Mine would be more like "there's all these Marvel properties in movies and TV and you're barely going to be interested in any of them."

2 hours ago, Dread said:

Mine would be more like "there's all these Marvel properties in movies and TV and you're barely going to be interested in any of them."

Truly, I'd just let him loose in my house, going through all the movies and comics and collected editions that A) exist in this utopian future of 2017 and B) it turns out I can get since I'm an adult with a job, and wait for him to hyperventilate himself into unconsciousness.

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Truly, I'd just let him loose in my house, going through all the movies and comics and collected editions that A) exist in this utopian future of 2017 and B) it turns out I can get since I'm an adult with a job, and wait for him to hyperventilate himself into unconsciousness.

The hardcover reprint stuff alone would astonish young me.

5 minutes ago, Dread said:

The hardcover reprint stuff alone would astonish young me.

Same. All the Silver Age Marvel hardcovers would make young me stroke out.

Also, I'm looking at my bookshelf and realizing that I had to have spent roughly $1k on Omnibuses alone.

7 hours ago, Dan said:

Same. All the Silver Age Marvel hardcovers would make young me stroke out.

Also, I'm looking at my bookshelf and realizing that I had to have spent roughly $1k on Omnibuses alone.

I'd actually like to show young me the Suicide Squad volumes and Night Force volume that I had library bound because adult me had his mind blown when i realized I could do that.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dc20willsave said:

The Captain Marvel movie will take place in the 90s where Carol Danvers and Nick Fury will be fighting Skrulls.

So, when did Marvel get back the rights to using Skrulls? Because I remember, the main reason they used The Chitauri was because they didn't have the rights for The Avengers.

I was wondering the exact same thing. I know they've been talking to Fox about the FF but they always made it sound like they weren't getting anywhere.

I really wish they would quit with the exclusive trailers at SDCC and then get pissy when they leak online. Either release them to everyone or don't release them at all. Fans shouldn't be left out because they can't afford to go to SDCC. With that being said, the Infinity War trailer looks badass. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/1/2017 at 7:52 PM, dc20willsave said:

The market is saturated with super hero shows and they know it. The bubble is going to burst eventually and we'll be back to Law and Order spinoffs and CSI: Insert City Here. Being a comedy doesn't help either when Powerless flopped.

• 3 weeks later...