360 recommendations

Missy

Despite the three games atop my list, I'm actually not a fan of shooters. But they look too good to pass by.

I'm shocked Microsoft didn't drop the price by at least $50 in time for the holidays. Either way, I expect to get a few Target or Best Buy gift cards, so I won't be paying full price anyway.

My suggestion is don't get Prey. Download the demo first and decide if you really want it. I did, and it seemed really average. I'm not sure if there is a Fear demo or not. That's the great thing about the 360. You can try most games out and decide if you really want them. Most games have a demo you can download.

Of the one's not already mentioned.

Rainbow Six Vegas is outfreakingstanding, and this is coming from a mainly non-shooter guy.

Condemned is a really overlooked game. It has a lot of atmosphere, very in-your-face and gritty.

Dead or Alive: Xtreme 2 isn't for everyone, but it's a good time waster.

Ninety Nine Nights is a fun hack and slash.

Other than that, your options are pretty thin. Other than getting a lead on their installed bases, Microsoft pretty much did jack shit with the head start that they had.

• 2 weeks later...
Unless something changes, I'll probably grab a 360 in January, and the three games at the top of my list are FEAR, Prey and Gears of War. Viva Pinata might be up there too. What other games should I buy?

Gears of war is a must own for the 360. I would also reccomend Dead rising, it's fun and has a ton of replay value. You also can't go wrong with ultimate alliance, especially if you have live. It's always fun clobberin with friends :P

The only reason I'm hesitant to grab Dead Rising is because of all the stories I've heard about the game causing 360s to lock. Is that still happening?

It never locked mine up, but if you don't have an HD TV, you might have a lot of problems playing it because the text is way too small.

@Sion

I've had mine since day one, and have never had a problem with it. They didn't fix anything, because there were no design flaws, just some broken systems.

The only reason I'm hesitant to grab Dead Rising is because of all the stories I've heard about the game causing 360s to lock. Is that still happening?

It never locked mine up, but if you don't have an HD TV, you might have a lot of problems playing it because the text is way too small.

@Sion

I've had mine since day one, and have never had a problem with it. They didn't fix anything, because there were no design flaws, just some broken systems.

Fair enough :happy: although it hasn't been released yet I would reccomend considering Lost Planet. A demo is avaliable on the marketplace for single player and multiplayer and both are amazing.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I really like Assassin's Creed. Yes its formulaic in terms of the basic encounters but I think it does allow you to be really creative with your assassinations. The physics, movement, graphics, its all great. Plus its got my favorite sword fighting mechanism since the original Prince of Persia. You can just plod through it without trying using a few practiced moves but its much more fun to treat it as a swashbuckling adventure, stealth-killing archers, stabbing your target through the throat and then leading half the guards in Jerusalem in a merry chase across the rooftops.

Halo 3 is great as well, but that series is overall a favorite of mine.