Watchmen *SPOILERS*

Missy

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More casting news: Matthew Goode has been confirmed as Adrian Veidt / Ozymandias.

Too young. Way too young.

Not really WAY too young. He's about 30. I just don't see him as the perfect human though. When Jude Law was rumored, I thought he was a perfect fit, and he's only 35. I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up about Law though. There are budgetary concerns and this film does require a large cast.

Has it occurred to anybody else that they might cast different people for the flashback scenes? Obviously they have to for the first generation of Watchmen, but even the second go from their 20's to middle age, and some change significantly (Nite Owl probably the most).

Warner Bros. Pictures has confirmed the cast for Watchmen, the big screen adaptation of the seminal DC Comics limited series.

Patrick Wilson, Jackie Earle Haley, Matthew Goode, Billy Crudup, Jeffrey Dean Morgan ("Grey's Anatomy") and Malin Akerman will star in the Warner Bros. movie, which Zack Snyder is directing. Larry Gordon, Lloyd Levin and Deborah Snyder are producing.

Set in an alternate America, Watchmen follows costumed hero Rorschach, who is living a vigilante lifestyle because most masked heroes have retired or been outlawed. While investigating a murder, Rorschach learns that a former masked-hero colleague has been killed, prompting him to begin investigating a possible conspiracy.

Haley will play Walter Kovacs, aka Rorschach, who ignores the ban on costumed vigilantes.

Crudup will play Dr. Manhattan, a superpowered being with godlike powers and temperament.

Akerman will play Laurie Juspeczyk/the Silk Spectre, who is involved with Dr. Manhattan -- but that relationship begins to fall apart as he becomes more disconnected from humanity.

Goode will play Adrian Veidt/Ozymandias, a costumed adventurer who retired voluntarily, disclosed his identity and built a large fortune. He hatches a plot to avert a global catastrophe he believes will be caused by Dr. Manhattan.

Wilson will play the Nite-Owl, a crime-figher who uses technical wizardry and has an owl-shaped flying vehicle.

Morgan will play the Comedian, a cigar-chomping, gun-toting vigilante-turned-paramilitary agent.

Watchmen was created by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons.

Shooting is set to start in the fall in Vancouver, with Snyder employing many of the filming techniques he used for his boxoffice success 300

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
MTV has confirmed that Matt Frewer will star in Zack Snyder's Watchmen. The actor - best known as the stuttering, sarcastic, '80s icon Max Headroom - will play Moloch the Mystic, a satanic super villain and magician. Frewer is joining a cast that includes Patrick Wilson, Jackie Earle Haley, Matthew Goode, Billy Crudup, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Malin Akerman, Carla Gugino and Stephen McHattie.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/watchmennews.php?id=6522

For those young uns that don't know Max Headroom click here.

He even had a sci fi show set in the future.

Agreed, that's just about perfect casting. Although I'll always associate him more with the "Bumpty bum, my life for you" crazy bomb guy from The Stand than Max Headroom.

Anybody remember that horrible Generation X made-for-TV movie he was in? Lord...

It's strange, but I think I've seen everything he's been in. It's kind of like the day I realized I had almost every Bruce Willis movie on dvd.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It's perhaps the most surreal experience of my life.

There they are, in a shadowy clubhouse, standing around a map of the USA, just as we'd imagined them. The smoke of the Comedian's cigar hangs in the air as I drink in the details of the scene. Framed old copies of The New York Gazette tell stories of past exploits; trophies glint in glass-fronted display cases; Moloch's solar weapon shines in a dusty corner and over there, on its mannequin stand, the faded costume of the original Nite Owl keeps silent vigil.

Then, a sudden flash of unearthly blue light announces the arrival of Dr. Manhattan and the tableau comes to life. The voices of quarreling heroes rise and fall, a Zippo flares and the map catches fire.

Somewhere, someone shouts "Cut!"

And I'm standing amongst them. Nite Owl shakes my hand. The Comedian slaps me on the back. Silk Spectre smiles a dazzling greeting. I'm overwhelmed by the depth and detail of what I'm seeing.

But more than that. I'm overwhelmed by the commitment, the passion, the palpable desire to do this right.

I'm starting to feel a glow that eclipses even Dr. Manhattan's...

-Dave Gibbons

December 2007

davegibbonswd7.th.jpg

http://rss.warnerbros.com/watchmen/2007/12...e_set_pa_1.html