The Hobbit

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

The Hobbit films aren't just the Hobbit book's story; they're also covering the other important events in Middle-Earth that took place at the same time. So Legolas, being the prince of Mirkwood, would logically be involved.

Frodo's supposed to be in there with a bookend-type thing. As if he's actually reading this story out of the book he's got at the end of Return of the King.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

WOW!!!! THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!! Hearing the music. Seeing familiar faces. This gave me chills and hope for these films. That welcoming ceremony nearly brought me to tears. I loved LOTR so very much and the goodwill presented in this initial blog really went a long way toward making me excited for the HOBBT!!!! I can hardly wait.

Thank you, dc20willsave. Made my day.

And Happy Birthday, also. Have a good one.

• 2 weeks later...
British actor Rob Kazinsky, cast as the dwarf Fili, is leaving The Hobbit for unspecified personal reasons.

His departure, which was confirmed by both Hobbit director, Peter Jackson and Kazinsky through social media networks Facebook and Twitter on Sunday means the production will now have to recast the role of Fili, the second youngest of the company of dwarves in The Hobbit films.

Jackson said, “I am sad to report that Rob Kazinsky, who was cast in the role of Fili, is having to leave The Hobbit and return home, for personal reasons. Rob has been terrific to work with and his enthusiasm and infectious sense of humour will be missed by all of us”

He added that there would be no interruption to shooting.

“I should say that Rob’s departure will not affect ongoing filming of The Hobbit, nor will it impact work done to date, as we had yet to film much of Fili’s storyline. At the moment we are shooting scenes featuring Bilbo without the Dwarves, which will give us time to find a new Fili. I’ll keep everyone posted with updates as they come," Jackson wrote.

“Thanks for all your support, Peter and team have been the most wonderful and supportive team to work for and it’s with a truly sad heart that things have turned out this way. The Hobbit will go on to be as great as I’ve seen and I will miss the family and friends that i’ve here, From every disaster i’ve tried to make an opportunity," Kazinsky wrote via Twitter.

The news comes as Jackson also confirmed that Ian Holm will reprise his role as the older Bilbo Baggins.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/rob-kazinsky-leaves-hobbit-cast-181756?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thr%2Ffilm+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Movies%29

• 4 weeks later...
Tolkien fans around the world are jumping for joy. Not only has Peter Jackson (the true king of Lord of the Rings) returned to direct the prequel film The Hobbit, but a bunch of LOTR fan-favorites are also returning to the film (including Hugo Weaving and Ian Holm).

Now, as if there wasn’t enough to look forward to, we’ve learned that none other than beloved UK actor, writer, and Twitter superstar Stephen Fry has joined the cast.

In a post on his official Facebook page (via IndieWire), Peter Jackson announced that Fry was joining the cast as The Master of Laketown. In the novel, Laketown – also know as Esgaroth – is a city in Middle Earth that is (SPOILER) destroyed by the dragon Smaug.

The Master of Laketown is prone to greediness and cowardice, but he’s also a shrewd leader. Plot-wise, he is a somewhat minor character in The Hobbit, but I suspect it is a role that Fry could flesh out wonderfully. Then again, I tend to think adding Stephen Fry to anything makes it better.

Source

YAY! Stephen Fry is literally one of my favourite people and him getting in on this is great news.

Me and my housemate were just spitballing about the initially promised second film they were supposed to be making at the same time (not sure if they still are). Some of our potential titles if they do plan to make a franchise-

Hobbit 2- Hobbit Harder

Hobbit 3- Back in the Hobbit

Hobbit 4- Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the Hobbit

Die Hard with a Hobbit

Hobbit 5- The Hobbit... the hobbit

And I know it doesn't work, but it's linguistically pleasing-

Lord of the Rings 4- Just when you thought it was safe to go back into Mordor

Ten years ago, Orlando Bloom created an iconic character with his portrayal of Legolas. I'm excited to announce today that we'll be revisiting Middle Earth with him once more. I’m thrilled to be working with Orlando again. Funny thing is, I look older—and he doesn’t! I guess that's why he makes such a wonderful elf.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=78145#ixzz1NZjYxY6T

• 3 weeks later...