What are you watching/reading?

Shinmaru

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello I'm new to Earth-2, having been informed of this places existance via the geekplanetonline panel talk and insideoutcast. I will be a listener to the animazing podcast soon.

Just thought I'd jump in, this year I will be mostly watching:

Gintama

Bleach (sad but true)

Super Robot Wars OG The Inspectors

Mitsudomoe

and hopefully some more mature stuff.

Thanks, After watching 100 odd episodes, there's no point quiting when it seems to be so close to a conclusion, though I do know it's not actually ending quite as soon as I'd like.

Thinking about it, I would be following Naruto as well but gave up on the anime completely.

I did roughly the same as Knighwing, I watched upto around series 3 and just stopped when it hit the Bount arc. I've now skipped to the end with the fake Karakura town arc... Watched it, seen sone great stuff, but it's not ending and it didn't end an it looks like it could go on for another 10 years.

Like Stavros, i shouldn't be watching it anymore, but I probably will at least for a bit longer, unless the anime goes into another filler arc.

I think I'm fortunate that I never found myself REALLY getting into Bleach in any form. And I'm also glad that I got sick of Naruto-anime during the "way too much filler" period prior to Shippuden/timeskip.

I still keep up with Naruto manga. Despite...

(Current story arc running in Weekly Jump)

the big "hey let's revive all the past bad guys and have them fight again!" arc they're doing

...I still enjoy it, I'd just rather they didn't go in that direction.

I think I'm fortunate that I never found myself REALLY getting into Bleach in any form. And I'm also glad that I got sick of Naruto-anime during the "way too much filler" period prior to Shippuden/timeskip.

I still keep up with Naruto manga. Despite...

(Current story arc running in Weekly Jump)

the big "hey let's revive all the past bad guys and have them fight again!" arc they're doing

...I still enjoy it, I'd just rather they didn't go in that direction.

I do hope you're not refering to the Espada, because that would just be sad.

I did the same with Naruto. 4 seasons of filler? No thanks.

Anyway,

Other stuff,

mitsudomoe 2 had a wonderful power rangers parody with a full episode of Gatchi Rangers.

SRWOG:TI had the craziest episode I've ever seen with Episode 15, the series is a very Tongue in cheek Mecha show. This episode, the Tongue was practically bursting through the cheek. It's absolutely ridiculous, but at least it knows it's ridiculous.

Current Weekly Jump Naruto spoiler related to my previous post:

I just feel that reviving Haku and Zabuza to be somewhat cheaper than some of the other options they have. They have an army of Zetsus, and many other possibilities available to them... yet we get Edo Tensei'd Haku and Zabuza. It just bugs me. Thankfully they're branching out into some of those other possibilities.

Post "Pain" arc spoiler:

At least we won't get an "undo no jutsu" after this one, which revives everyone. Maybe.

Current Weekly Jump Naruto spoiler related to my previous post:

I just feel that reviving Haku and Zabuza to be somewhat cheaper than some of the other options they have. They have an army of Zetsus, and many other possibilities available to them... yet we get Edo Tensei'd Haku and Zabuza. It just bugs me. Thankfully they're branching out into some of those other possibilities.

Post "Pain" arc spoiler:

At least we won't get an "undo no jutsu" after this one, which revives everyone. Maybe.

can't believe they brought back.those two, their ending wad brilliant, bringing hem back was just wrong.

Bare in mind the nature of Aizens power and that we haven't seen his Bankai yet, I wouldn't put it past him to do such a thing.

Yeah, I got a little confused wen you first mentioned old enemies coming back.

I don't want to think about either anymore.

Been watching Baccano, haven't got far in but it looks like an interesting series. Not entirely sure what the plot will be about but it's got an interesting premise, with various imortals bording the same train for various reasons and things going horribly wrong.

Also checked out another series called Eden of the East, another show which doesn't make sense yet, but has some promise.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A little over halfway into Tsubasa and yeah, I am really enjoying it. You don't have to be a CLAMP fanatic to enjoy it (though it does add something when you see someone you recognize even though it's not strictly the same character). I thought I would be distracted since the two main characters are slightly older versions of Sakura and Syaoron from Cardcaptor Sakura but I've been able to distinguish them from each other pretty well. One of the things I'm really enjoying is that while you have a few stand-alone episodes, nothing feels like filler. Even the stand-alone episodes really add something to the characters. The animation is always gorgeous. The voice acting in the dubs is really top notch as well. So yeah, 32 bucks well spent.

Watching a newer series, Puella Magi Madoka Magica. If you've been in chat the last few nights, you've probably heard me geeking out over it. And holy hell, watch this. Magical girls, but with a horribly dark bent to it.

"If you ever feel like dying to help the universe, just let me know!"

Said by the cute mascot character.

• 2 weeks later...

Evangelion 2.22 You Can (not) Advance: I officially love this more than the original series at this point. Too bad it'll be forever before 3.33 comes out. Still, overall, the cast was great, the story was just stellar, the new pilot, Mari, doesn't feel completely shoehorned in (I have my theories about her) and I just like the new twists to the plot. My main reason for liking it? Shinji gets his backbone so much earlier in the plotline. Like, I'm actually enjoying his character arc. The same for Rei. I am in love with this story and they need to get off their asses and make 3.33 right now.

• 2 weeks later...

New season of Gintama, season 5 - Brilliant return, wonderful series, it punched Bleach, i'm happy.

Also finished watching Super Robot Wars OG series 2, basically the bad guys get beat by the good guys using their super moves.

Started watching Gundam 00, which is interesting so far but the dub is fairly atrocious so far.

• 4 months later...