What are you watching/reading?

Shinmaru

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First off if you have not watch episodes 1-100 (not that much) of One Piece just go kill yourself. If you do not know what MLP is just go kill yourself, and Myself Yourself starts off go but that gets soooooooooo shit. If you do not watch subbed anime Tina Barret will sing one of her shit songs to you untel you die. I rule you.

• 4 weeks later...

Catching up with Bleach again. After skipping another non-canon season they finally got back into it rebuilding the show from the ground up again with some pretty cool mysteries and new characters entirely separate from the Soul Reapers. It was ticking along decently and then episode 360 came along and BLAM, all of a sudden I remember that this show can still surprise me.

Still can't wait to see how the Soul Reapers come back into it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been meaning to get back into Bleach. I haven't watched it since Ichigo finished off Aizen.

Just curious, how many episodes between that point and the new episodes are filler?

Also Naruto 248-249, made me feel things. Pretty moving.

311-342 can pretty much be ignored. 343 is where the post Aizen reboot starts. Maybe some of the stuff inbetween will come up, maybe not the animated series tends to be inconstant. I advised my old housemate to skip a few crap seasons and all of a sudden there were loads of little stuffed animals running around.

I skipped everything not Arrancar related, including entire seasons, such as 9 and 13. I don't mind filler, I just don't like how Bleach does it. Like you said, it's not during a break or between story arcs, but at crucial points that drive me crazy.

• 4 weeks later...

Probably should have posted my thoughts on Death Note here, didn't think about that. Anyway, since then I've finished the series and I really enjoyed it. The first 16 episodes are golden, then it slows down a little but it's still really good.

Having just started watching anime I haven't seen alot but I'm about midway though BECK, which is a great anime. I watched the first 5 episodes of Cowboy Bebop. I wasn't sure at first but episode 5 was amazing. And finally, I just today started Naoki Urasawa's Monster which has been fucking fantastic!

I'm avoiding anime-like anime because I think that is what deterred me from getting into anime in the first place. I might try it in the future but for now I'm gonna stick to anime that can appeal to non-anime fans

Just watched what I now realise is the last episode of Bleach, which is ending after 16 seasons. What a strange coda to Ichigo's entire story the last season was, they redesigned all the major characters and had this arc that was supposed to reestablish Ichigo and his new abilities. It felt like a launching point for something more, but then the whole show just ends. Bizarre. Not that the show was really breaking much new ground but if they were going to end it the Aizen arc would have been a more natural spot to do so.

My thoughts exactly. I think it came down to the fact that the Manga seems poised to go on forever and the animators got tired of trying to keep up. I mean, they were getting to the point of having to do filler nearly every other season. Only natural. Maybe when the manga finally ends, they'll do another season like they did with Inuyasha.

It was made even weirder by the 15 season being a filler season, which meant they did one entire extra lot of shows just to get to that conclusion. I wish Bleach had the epic ending it deserved, but the nature of the show wouldn't have meant that you'd need approx 10 seasons of insanely long run up to make it actually feel like the end.

• 1 year later...

Suuuuuper Bump.

Decided to throw in RahXephon. First time watching it since I was in high school. It's still a touch on the ridiculously confusing side and it borrowed more than a couple ideas from Evangelion, but it's a very enjoyable show. Just don't try to background watch it (as I have a habit of doing).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finished RahXephon. Pretty fucking heavy stuff towards the end. Can be confusing as hell but once you wrap your head around it it's great.

Now on to Deadman Wonderland. Mainly got into it because Greg Ayres would not stop pimping it on his Facebook. Last time he pimped out a show of his this much it was BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad so yeah, hoping that it works out even a fraction as well as that. One episode in and it's kind of reminding me of Gantz. Very violent, very profane, so right up Greg's alley. Monica Rial also killing it as a crazy bitch, which is weird after seeing her as a pitched down (for her), serious character in RahXephon. Also still weird to hear Aaron Dismuke post-puberty.