Fable 2

JackFetch

Today at GDC it was announced that it will have online co op just like Gears of War. You can also choose to be a male or female.

* Choices, consequences. The innovative gameplay pioneered in the original “Fable” provided gamers with a never-before-seen level of immersion in a truly interactive world. “Fable 2” expands upon the scope and depth of the Xbox classic by adding incredible new features and creating a wider, more complex kingdom of limitless choices and consequences. Players will have the option to play as a man or woman, get married, have children, and live a life of their own design.

* A land far, far away. Revisit the sprawling world of Albion more than 500 years after the events of the original “Fable,” where you are free to explore the landscape and openly roam the countryside. For the right price every house, hut, dungeon and castle is for sale. Players can witness how the world grows and changes in response to their decisions in incredible and unique ways as they rediscover Albion as if for the first time.

* Fight with ease. “Fable 2” pioneers a new combat system designed to allow players to truly master hand weapons such as swords and maces, ranged combat weapons such as bows and guns, and an entirely new magic system. These three disciplines, while very accessible, are also amazingly deep, and allow players to mix combat styles and become everything from master swordsman to skilled ranger to evil magic welder, utilizing a single button on the Xbox 360 controller.

* A hero’s best friend. This groundbreaking addition to the game is integral to the theme of unconditional love in “Fable 2.” The canine companion will act as friend, compass and protector. Players must merely feed their pooch and he will love unconditionally, creating a bond that sets up emotion-filled journeys all throughout this magical world.

* Experience the world together. For the first time in the “Fable” series, gamers can experience the expansive and immersive world of “Fable 2” with friends, utilizing the new and exciting Dynamic Co-op Mode, bringing the long-awaited multiplayer function to the world of “Fable 2.”

* Xbox LIVE Arcade mini-games earn major cash. Carbonated Games has partnered with Lionhead Studios Ltd. to bring an unparalleled experience to gamers through Xbox LIVE Arcade. Gamers can start earning in-game currency for the “Fable 2” world later this year, before the game’s release to retail, by downloading and completing exclusive mini-games, which will be available for download on Xbox LIVE Arcade and allow gamers to purchase weapons, armor and more for their hero.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/15759/Fable-2-Screenshots/

A few things...

-Unless they're free, the Live Arcade thing is retarded. I hate how the concept of downloadable content that was so cool on the original Xbox has slowly morphed into such a huge cash cow for Microsoft. Beautiful Katamari is a perfect example... great game, but they clearly saved half of the levels they'd developed for downloadable content when they were ready to roll the minute the game went to press. Cheap.

-The canine companion has the potential to either be kind of neat or ridiculously stupid. I can hardly wait for the moment I have to backtrack through half a dungeon because my dog got stuck running into a corner. AI in general isn't to the point that it's of any benefit to players in this kind of a role... call it the Natalya syndrome.

-Hopefully the battle system is tweaked enough so that a bargain-basement bow and arrow isn't the only weapon you'll ever need, like it was in the first.

-God, I hope it has the same sense of humor. I have many fond memories of the first Fable... the strongest being the moment I stood up in front of a classroom full of children, pumped a few pelvic thrusts into the air, and made every last one of them cry. So wrong, but so much fun. Autumn gave a flower to a little girl, who reluctantly took it, contemplated it, and said "... this is weiird..."

-It sucks that this couldn't make it to the original Xbox, where the plan was to allow you to use the same character you'd created in the first game... same levels, equipment, appearance, etc. Could've been really awesome.

I loved Fable, it was my favourite X-Box game, and I'm very tempted to finally get a 360 for this.

I always found it really difficult to go fully evil in the first game. no matter how much I convinced myself I wanted to be a bastard, I could. I just couldn't. I couldn't even bring myself to kill my sister and take the master sword thingy at the end.

• 5 months later...

The achievements have been announced, and holy shit it has the greatest achievement ever in a game.

The Paragon -15g

Reach 100% Good or Evil.

The New Hero -50g

Defeat your first great opponent.

The Whippersnapper -25g

Collect 5 gold pieces during the Hero's childhood

the Pooch Pamperer -5g

Play fetch with your dog.

The Archaeologist -5g

Dig up something your dog has discovered

The Dog trainer -5g

teach your dog a trick.

The persuader -5g

Convince a villager to give you a present

The Show-off -5g

Impress a villager with a perfect expression

The Romantic -10g

take a villager on a perfect date.You will need the right location and expression.

The spouse -10g

Marry a villager.

The Parent -10g

have a child.

The hunter -5g

Kill a sweet,innocent,fluffy bunny rabbit(remember,safety's off!)

The Gargoyle -25g

Find the gargoyles Legendary Treasure.

The Chicken kicker -5g

kick a chicken a respectable distance. As if kicking chickens was remotely respectable.

The Cliff Diver -5g

Cliff dive 500 feet.

The Workhorse -10g

Get a high enough chain while performing a job.

The Hero of Many names -5g

Change your heros title

The Teaser -5g

Get bandits to respond to expressions with fear,anger,mirth,and confusion. During combat!

The property magnate -10g

Sell a property for twice the price you paid for it.

The Rogue -5g

something undetected from a building while there are people nearby.

The Illustrated hero -5g

Tattoo every part of your hero's body.

The Executioner -10g

Sacrifice 10 people in the Temple of Shadows.

The Gambler -10g

Win 500 gold at a pub game in one sitting, having tried each game type at least once.

The Bigamist -10g

get married a second time, whilst still married to your first spouse.

The Swinger -5g

Take part in a orgy, responsibly

The Pied Piper -10g

Start a party where at least 5 villagers are dancing.

The Party Animal -10g

Get 15 villagers drunk in under three minutes

The menace to Society -5g

Commit an act of public indecency

The Black Knight -10g

Shoot the weapons from a hollow man's hands, blow off his head and then kill him for good!

The Duelist -10g

String together a full-speed chain attack

The highwayman -10g

hit 3 enemies with one shot.

The Archmage -10g

Kill 5 human enemies with one spell.

The Ruler of Albion -100g

Increase the value of your real estate holdings to over 2.5 million gold!

The Hoarder -25g

Collect every silver key.

The Goth -5g

Dye your hair black, wear an outfit made entirely out of black clothes, and wear some black makeup.

The Completionist -50g

Get all expressions, pet tricks, titles and abilities.

The Extremist -15g

Reach 100% purity or corruption.

The celebrity -50g

Reach 50,000 Renown.

The Artisan -10g

Succeed at one job to Level 5

The Dollcatcher -10g

Collect all the hero dolls.

The Muse -5g

Inspire the Bard to compose songs celebrating your great deeds.

The Companions -10g

Perform a perfect co-op expression.

The blood brother -10g

get a co-op combat bonus.

The Philanthropist -10g

Send a gift to an xbox live friend.

The Hero of strength -100g

Complete the Hero of Strength

The hero of Will -100g

Complete the Hero Of will.

The hero of Skill -100g

Complete the hero of Skill

The Sacrifice -25g

Choose "The needs of the many"

The Family -25g

Choose "The needs of the few"

The Egomaniac -25g

Choose "The needs of the one"

• 2 months later...
OK, time for my random post of the day.

Has anyone worked out how to have sex with your wife or a hooker in the game?

Your wife will give you a hint that she's horny and you get the choice of giving her a thumbs up if you want to do it. Then you just go to sleep and listen to her talk about how good it was, or in my case that "now you've done it, I'm pregnant". I don't know about the hookers.

My wife and kid are both bugged. The wife is stuck in a table in a bar and can't move, and my kid just stands in the same spot staring at the wall.

Your wife will give you a hint that she's horny and you get the choice of giving her a thumbs up if you want to do it. Then you just go to sleep and listen to her talk about how good it was, or in my case that "now you've done it, I'm pregnant". I don't know about the hookers.

My wife and kid are both bugged. The wife is stuck in a table in a bar and can't move, and my kid just stands in the same spot staring at the wall.

Sorry, but I laughed upon reading that. :laugh:

Sorry, but I laughed upon reading that. :laugh:

Apparently it's a pretty big bug that's happened to a lot of people, and yes it's funny.

• 2 weeks later...