Virtual Boy

Who else owned this? I know most people aren't very fond of the system, but there were a few amount of games that came for the system were actually kind of fun. The Wario game was easily the greatest game in the library, but I definitely got some enjoyment out of Teleroboxer and Mario Tennis. Only thing that disappointed me was Mario Clash, which really was a poor sequel to Mario Bros and I took it back within a couple days of owning it.

So what does everyone else think of the system?

I still have all the games for it, but my system is in the Bermuda Triangle somewhere.

Barring the fact that there are two games for it that are obscenely expensive, I have nearly the entire US software release for the thing, and played it for maybe a week tops. Just a poorly designed piece of hardware that never gave developers any reason to try and utilize the technology.

I recently picked one up at my local Goodwill store for the price of $5! Still in the box, perfect condition, and it included Wario and Tennis.

While I will agree that the Virtual Boy was a bad decision on Nintendo's part, but it is kind of fun to play for short periods of time.

I think that it is hilarious that a Nintendo product has a "not for children" warning plastered all over it.

I recently picked one up at my local Goodwill store for the price of $5! Still in the box, perfect condition, and it included Wario and Tennis.

My two favorite games for the console. I think the only thing I really would have liked on Tennis would have been multiplayer. But even if they had the capabilities, no way would I of been insane enough to buy another system for it.

My two favorite games for the console. I think the only thing I really would have liked on Tennis would have been multiplayer. But even if they had the capabilities, no way would I of been insane enough to buy another system for it.

Interesting this is, Nintendo was actually working multiplayer functionality for the Virtual Boy. IIRC there is a port on the bottom of the system that would have allowed multiple Virtual Boys to be linked, with each individual player supplying their own goggles.

The VB flopped and multiplayer was never officially announced.

***My brother found a pristine copy of Final Fantasy VII at a Goodwill store for one dollar. It's amazing what people give away.***

Try this one on for size, about a year ago I picked up a Nintendo Power Set (the one with the power pad) complete with everything including the box. The price? $10! I love shopping at goodwill/thrift stores, it is like a treasure hunt.

My brother found a pristine copy of Final Fantasy VII at a Goodwill store for one dollar. :shocked:

He overpaid.

Anyways, I've got you all beat. There was a trick I used to use on eBay, doesn't work anymore sadly, in which I would intentionally misspell the name of what I was looking for, wherein I would find a bunch of people with no concept of what they were actually selling.

One time I typed in "Sega Dreamscape" as a joke and found a lot with a nearly brand new Dreamcast, two extra controllers, a light gun, three VMUs and about two dozen games for 30 bucks, including shipping. Turns out the lady bought all of it for her grandson years ago, but he'd already gotten one. So she kept it all in her attic and assumed that the "whole Nintendo thing [was] over" and that video games weren't worth anything anymore.