Infinite Undiscovery

JackFetch

• 2 months later...
Is this game worth getting?

I bought this a couple of days ago. It’s alright, but it really doesn’t bring anything interesting to the genre. The best thing about it so far is the scale of everything. You can have up to 3 different parties running around slaying monsters on an open field. It’s pretty cool to see, and it’s nice that there’s no transition screen to go into battle. But outside of that, the story really is pretty run of the mill stuff so far and the combat is interesting, but not very well balanced (it’s a little too stiff and it’s hard to parry, but it’s so easy it doesn’t really matter). I’m so-so about it at this point, but I might start to change my mind after a few more hours.

I hear Tales of Vesperia is pretty good if you’re looking for an action RPG. Shame that they haven’t decided on a release date outside of the U.S though. And unlike IU it’s not region free, so importing isn’t even an option for me.

• 2 months later...

I got a used copy of this game and I only have one thing to say about it. Worst RPG of the year. It is absolute shit. I don't know where to go half the time because it doesn't tell you. If you die, sometimes your team won't resurrect you. Sometimes the voice acting isn't there, but the scene plays out like it should be there. The story makes no sense. The battle system is horrendous. Forget doing anything like drinking a potion while fighting, it's impossible because the fight doesn't pause while you go through the menu to find it to take it.

I just want to throw it out the window.