Alex The Kid

Macca

You all remember the game that came built in to the old Sega Master System. I remember spending hours playing it, but being a somewhat uncordinted child I never seemed to get too far. I think the the furtherest I ever got was to the fourth game of rock, paper, scissors. I still remember the order on how to beat the bosses went rock, scissors for the first, scissors, paper for the second and possibly paper, rock for the third. I wish my Master Sysem still worked so I could have another crack at this game and listen to the awesome soundtrack again.

• 3 years later...
You all remember the game that came built in to the old Sega Master System. I remember spending hours playing it, but being a somewhat uncordinted child I never seemed to get too far. I think the the furtherest I ever got was to the fourth game of rock, paper, scissors. I still remember the order on how to beat the bosses went rock, scissors for the first, scissors, paper for the second and possibly paper, rock for the third. I wish my Master Sysem still worked so I could have another crack at this game and listen to the awesome soundtrack again.

Huge bump, I know, but I don't remember too much about Alex the Kid. I wasn't introduced to Sega, until Genesis came out and only recently found out about Sega's 8-Bit days. I do know that Alex The Kid is considered the very first Sega mascot and went up against Mario as top Mascot, but since Mario kicked ass, they invented Sonic and Mario than had speedy competition.

I do know that Alex The Kid is considered the very first Sega mascot

This is a common fallacy. Despite the prominance of the character in the early days of the Master System, he was never considered an official mascot by Sega. That honor went to a character by the name of Opa Opa from the game Fantasy Zone. Then, of course, it became Sonic shortly after.

This is a common fallacy. Despite the prominance of the character in the early days of the Master System, he was never considered an official mascot by Sega. That honor went to a character by the name of Opa Opa from the game Fantasy Zone. Then, of course, it became Sonic shortly after.

Your right, Opa Opa and Alex Kidd have a game in common, but Opa Opa was considered the mascot. It's just because Alex Kidd had more games I guess is why there was that mistake. Both games I never played, I would like too, but the old GameStop, EB Games shops don't sell "Old School" Games anymore :(

Your right, Opa Opa and Alex Kidd have a game in common, but Opa Opa was considered the mascot. It's just because Alex Kidd had more games I guess is why there was that mistake. Both games I never played, I would like too, but the old GameStop, EB Games shops don't sell "Old School" Games anymore :(

Did you try eBay? Or even Amazon; sites like those will usually turn something up.

Did you try eBay? Or even Amazon; sites like those will usually turn something up.

Not if you don't have a credit card...

Not if you don't have a credit card...

Hmm. Yes, I can see where that might be a problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...