The DCAU news thread

Koete

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There would have to be never-before-seen animation, new commentary, and some pretty amazing special features in order for me to shell out the money for that boxed set (you know it's going to cost an arm, a leg, and maybe a vital organ or two in order to pay for it). Now if it were Sherlock Holmes, however.... :D

Oh My God! I would totally freak out! I'm already freaking out at the prospect of it! Anyone out there know medium that could get right on that...?

Wait. Doyle grew to hate Sherlock Holmes. In fact when he get asked about Mr. Holmes, Doyle would say "Oh him, well, let's talk about something interesting." Quick changing of the subject, if you ask me.

While this is certainly tempting to get, I already have all four volumes and can't really afford to go out and buy that series just for an extra disc and a booklet. Although I have to say, for Batman fans that don't have the series on DVD already, this is a huge deal. Amazon is only selling it for $78.00 or so, and I know that when I bought the volumes it cost me about $35.00 a piece, so this is a steal.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

I just saw a news article on www.worldsfinestonline.com that The Zeta Project and Static Shock will be released on DVD in 2009

I know this is going to come after Mike & James review these shows and I know it is blasphemy for me to say they could put the podcast on hold until the said DVD's are released but at least the WHOLE DCAU will be released on DVD Below is the link to the Story.

Zeta & Static On DVD in 2009 WFOnline News Story

Two things:

01. The article says, "No mention was made of a new possible Static Shock DVD release." So only Zeta has been confirmed.

02. It's funny, because in WFP 37 I said of Zeta, "I don't expect them to ever come out on DVD. It just doesn't have the fan following to warrant a DVD release." Guess I'll be making a correction in WFP 38. ;)

Guest DCAUFan1051
Two things:

01. The article says, "No mention was made of a new possible Static Shock DVD release." So only Zeta has been confirmed.

02. It's funny, because in WFP 37 I said of Zeta, "I don't expect them to ever come out on DVD. It just doesn't have the fan following to warrant a DVD release." Guess I'll be making a correction in WFP 38. ;)

but it also states in the article that they plan on releasing the entire DC Animation Library so I would thnk that would mean Static too even if there are no current plans to release it. All's I know was I read the article very fast and wanted to get it on here ASAP. LOL

Guest DCAUFan1051
That's fine, but I've changed the title, because Static hasn't been confirmed for 2009.

what do u think about possible B: TAS Blu Ray?

:ot: Are ya still lookin for Bob The Goon Figure?

me myself after I get the Complete Series Set I'm done with it lol I aint goin Blu Ray on anything until I get my TV setup the way I want it

I was gonna get the JL Season 1 Blu Ray but they only added 1 extra New feature that kinda sucked. So I didn't get it.

I'm happy with my JL JLU Sets but if they ever get a Complete Series together I'll get that and sell the individual sets.

I'm really glad to hear that the Zeta Project is coming to dvd, i haven't seen that show since it was on tv ages ago. As for Static Shock, i wish they would put it on dvd as well because i never saw it. I'm not sure why , i guess i just kept missing it on tv.

When life gives you lemons , make apple juice

I don't think they'll ever release the 90's Spiderman/X-men series on DVD....

(waiting for imminent news release proving me wrong......)

hey, it worked when Mike said they wouldn't release Zeta :)

And yes, I know, Disney owns rights, yadda yadda yadda. Worth a try, though.

I believe the words your looking for are:

Suavestar and bastard.

X-Men Theme song was great!

Out now

I love the noodling int he opening seconds of the song, but the mainn theme song itself never did a thing for me. I never cared for it.

Ahem.

BLASPHEMY!

Spider-Man and X-men were the only marvel shows with good themes in the 90's.

Oh and off topic, the incredible hulk was terrible and iron man wasn't much better.

Anyone agree?