Sega or Nintendo

A.Logan

Where are your loyalties?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Where did you guys worship? The Temple of Sonic, or at the Altar of Mario?

I was a Sega guy, right after the NES, I got a Genesis/Mega Drive. I had the Sonic games, Streets of Rage, the Madden series, the Spider-man side scrollers, and all these other really good games that I can't remember.

My cousins were Nintendo guys. They had a SNES after the NES. They had all kinds of good games, LOZ: LTTP, Mario World, Mario Kart, Mario RPG, and about a dozen others that are being called classics now.

Where did you get your fix, and why?

Nintendo. I don't buy crap.

First, a question. Did you ever play Genesis/Mega Drive? Because it had it's share of good games and future classics, just like the SNES. There's no way it's crap.

Second, a question to all. Is the Dreamcast eligable for this discussion/forum at all? It's done, just like the Saturn, N64, SNES, Genesis, NES, and SMS.

Sweet! The Dreamcast is one of the most underrated systems ever. There are legit classics on that system, and it was out during a time that Nintendo was still finishing the Gamecube. Sega's had more systems during the classic time period that this is confined to, but I'm unsure as to if that's good or bad. I guess it's good, because it shows that Sega was able to put out quality material on more systems in the same amount of time.

You think you're bad, HA!

Old NES

New NES

SNES

Two or three GB's(One might be broken, though)

N64

Vitrual Boy

Two GBA(And might even get an SP, NES style)

GC

And I'm definitely gonna get a DS as soon as they release one, along with their other next generation console.

So yeah, the big N gets my vote easily.

Here's my order:

NES

Gameboy

SNES

Virtual Boy

N64

Gamecube

Genesis

PS2

6 - 1 - 1

You think you worship at the N-shaped alter? I'm at the point where I'm allowed to hand out penance.

As someone who went:

NES

Gameboy

SNES

N64

Gamecube

along w/ a few GBAs on the way, I proclaim myself Acolyte to High Priest Keith in terms of Nintendo fanboy-ism. No inferior companies for me....

• 3 years later...

I know the last post is from a long while ago, but here's my list, in order of purchase:

Atari

Nintendo

Sega Genesis

Gameboy(original grey one)

Super Nintendo

Sega Game Gear

Panasonic

Game Genie's for Nintendo and Gameboy

Gameboy Color

Nintendo 64

Sony Playstation

Sega Dreamcast

Gameboy Advance

Sony Playstation II

Super Gameboy(yes, it took me this long to get it)

Nintendo Gamecube

Sony Playstation III

I never wanted a Sega Saturn or Sega CD, I have no interest in X-Box or X-Box 360(except for the HD-DVD) and I have yet to get Nintendo DS and Nintendo Wii, but I will.

I played both. I miss the days when they were both good(sorry Wii fans but it's true).

I started playing on a pong like system. Then I remember having these(not including handhelds):

Atari 2600/7800

NES

Snes

Genesis

Saturn

Dreamcast

Playstation

Playstation 2

Xbox

Xbox 360

I may have left one or two out that I don't remember at the moment.

I own or have owned:

2 NES's

Sega Genesis

SNES

Nintendo 64

Game Boy

Game Gear

Game Boy Color

Game Boy Advance

Playstation

Dreamcast

2 PS2's (one original, one slimline)

2 Nintendo DS (one original, one brightscreen)

X-Box 360

Nintendo Wii

I still have my NES, Genesis, N64 and SNES, so I can pick up old school games when I'm feeling nostalgic. If I had to choose between one or the other, I'd go with Sega just a hair over Nintendo, but I loved both.

I still don't get how in this day and age people can still have "No interest" in another system. I've never been a big company fan boy for anyone though. I went from Atari to NES to Genesis to PS One then 2 then Xbox and now 360. But I'd be a fool to say I wouldn't mind having a PS3 or fuck even a Wii.

I know the last post is from a long while ago, but here's my list, in order of purchase:

Atari

Nintendo

Sega Genesis

Gameboy(original grey one)

Super Nintendo

Sega Game Gear

3DO

Game Genie's for Nintendo and Gameboy

Gameboy Color

Nintendo 64

Sony Playstation

Sega Dreamcast

Gameboy Advance

Sony Playstation II

Super Gameboy(yes, it took me this long to get it)

Nintendo Gamecube

Sony Playstation III

I never wanted a Sega Saturn or Sega CD, I have no interest in X-Box or X-Box 360(except for the HD-DVD) and I have yet to get Nintendo DS and Nintendo Wii, but I will.

I still have all of the systems I mentioned, except Sega Dreamcast, Sega Game Gear, 3DO, PS1(don't need it with PS2 OR PS3) and Atari(although, I still think my mother has it somewhere).

I have the original NES and SNES, the slim PS2

I heard that all the outlets that were selling "old games" don't sell them anymore and where I live at in NJ and NY, all those shops have stopped selling them.

• 1 month later...

Sega initially, with a Master System, Mega Drive, and then a Saturn. When the Saturn died I finally converted and got an N64, which I adored. Then I relented and picked up a second-hand Dreamcast, which I absolutely loved. And then I got a Gamecube.

I seem to have this habit of always buying the losing console.