Warhammer Online

JackFetch

They finally announced a release date. It's next month!!

The countdown has officially begun. Mark your calendars! September 18th is the Day of Reckoning. For the last three years, the entire team at Mythic has poured their hearts into making Warhammer Online the next great MMORPG. We are so excited to open up this world and share it with the fans that will live in it, quest in it, go to war in it and make it come alive.

http://kotaku.com/5033638/warhammer-online-launch-dated

• 2 weeks later...
EA has announced that the open beta for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning begins on September 7th. Do you want in? All you have to do is pre-order a copy of the game! However, you can only do so at "select retail partners" and yes, this includes Gamestop. But you can also per-order at a variety of other stores, including Fry's and good ol' Best Buy, too. If you're currently in the closed beta, you'll automatically be given open beta access as well, so don't sweat. Hit the jump for full details.

http://kotaku.com/5038402/warhammer-online...etails-revealed

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, first impressions only.

I really like the public quest idea. The problem is the one I've done resets immediately after it finishes so I did it 3 times since I had to go to the same place for quests I was doing anyway. It was 3 stages of a battle against Greenskins. In stage one we had to beat 20 Greenskins, then in stage 2 collect 10 barrels of gunpowder, and in stage 3 kill a boss. The boss was almost impossible to beat because there wasn't enough people to do it. We managed to finish it once, and I ended up at the top of the leaderboard and got a sweet reward.

I haven't gotten to any RvR yet.

The beginning of the game was confusing as hell. It only took about 10 minutes to figure everything out though.

The world is not like WoW, where you have giant open areas that you can go wherever you want. In Warhammer you kind of feel like you are on rails and are herded in specific directions.

They still haven't added everything into the game, like there is only one profession.