First time you felt old

363 posts in this topic

Posted

For me, it was in 2004, when I heard Ghostbusters was celebrating its 20th anniversary. Worse yet, next year it hits 25! :shakehead:

Posted

The frist time I *really* felt old was when I was in a video store, and there was a wall of all the movies I was waaaay into as a college student in the early to mid 90s - Pulp Fiction, Clerks, that sort of thing - and almost all of them had the words "Tenth Anniversary" on the covers.

Posted

Last year, when I was going to go and see TMNT and was the only person old enough to remember the TV show and not have kids with me.

Posted

Last year, when I was going to go and see TMNT and was the only person old enough to remember the TV show and not have kids with me.

My first was when.... Wait :happy:

Posted

My first was when.... Wait :happy:

You know in my day.......god dam you Doug.

Posted

When the police arrested me for touching that 14 year old.

No seriously it was when I realised that I was older than the hollywood starlets I fancied. It sort of made me realise that I've already wasted so much time not sleeping with nubile actresses.

Posted

I just had another one.

I work for an insurance company, and one of my duties is to assist agents with their paperwork to get them licensed to sell in their various states.

I found out today that apparently, someone who was born when I was a freshman in high school is now old enough to sell insurance for a living.

Posted

None of my cousins knew Thundercats,Voltron, Mask or Jayce and the Wheel Warriors :shakehead:

Posted

I just remembered. I was 12. Power Rangers became hot and my 8 year old friend was explaining it to me. "So it's like Voltron?" I asked. "Who's Voltron?" was the response.

Posted

This will make every one ELSE feel old but even I feel old with 10th anniversaries of things like Pocahontas from '95, Batman & Robin <_<:unsure: from '97 and soon to even be things like American Pie. This makes ME feel old even though I'm 16. I also find myslef saying 'I miss the 90's' ALOT.

Posted

I also find myslef saying 'I miss the 90's' ALOT.

Sing it!

Posted

You know, that should make me feel old, but for some odd reason it doesn't.

Welcome to the forums, JiminyCrick91!

Posted

Here's one for every one: Next year will be the 10th anniversary of Star Wars: Episode One and the Matrix.

Posted

Here's one for every one: Next year will be the 10th anniversary of Star Wars: Episode One and the Matrix.

I just bought the matrix on DVD for the first time about a week ago, and remember going to see episode one. Thats it, I'm signing the do not resuscitate form.

Posted

The only year of the 90's I miss is '99.

EDIT: Ok, 1998, too.

Posted

No! Really?

*checks IMDB*

SHIT!

Posted

No! Really?

*checks IMDB*

SHIT!

You're welcome. And I'm right there with you. *sigh*

Posted

I'm 30 and I recently hired a 20 year old girl. Some of the things she says, I remember myself saying at that age. I tried to argue with her, try to enlighten her and she just kept arguing. It's now at a point where I just be quiet and think to myself "oh well, she'll find out in the long run". Then it happened..... I realised I was becoming my dad!!!!!

That, ladies & gentlement is when you know you're getting old.

Posted

I just realized my brother will turn 20 in March. :shakehead:

Posted

Holy shit, I just realized my little brother is going to be 30 in April.

Posted

I'm closing in on completing my 6th year of college and I started back in 2001. :no:

Posted

I'm closing in on completing my 6th year of college and I started back in 2001. :no:

I'm not far behind you-NQ in Theatre Arts, HNC Acting, HNC in Media, and now Journalism for four years. <_<

So far I'm on three years going on four, and I'm just starting University. :no:

Posted

I just told someone not to "dilly dally"

Posted

I just told someone not to "dilly dally"

That... is... AWESOME.

Posted

I also used the phrase "hop to it" yesterday.

I am...MY DAD!