Missy

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Randomly thought about Almost Famous while driving home.  Specifically why I like the movie as much as I do.  I was 15 when I saw it, so was the main character.  He was all about rock music and I was at my height of being an Aerosmith fanboy.  Makes all the sense in the world.

Then I realized I am now older than every single character in the film, sans the mom.  How did that happen?

• 4 months later...
19 hours ago, Professor said:

Random thought of yesterday: 17 years ago this month, I had my last haircut.  Which, seeing as I am 34, means I have gone half my life with long hair.  In that context, I feel old.

I hated my hair when it was longer because I don't like it on my forehead. (Even then, it was short, but not like it is today.)

These days, the bald spot and receding hairline means long hair would not look good.

I can't grow long hair. (HA HA! Bald joke.) My hair is naturally extremely curly, so when it gets long, it gets puffy. Example: For a good number of years as a kid I had a rat-tail (because it was the 80s and early 90s) that went down to my butt. However, you would never know it because it curled up so tightly it only looked an inch long.

On 3/19/2020 at 9:42 AM, slothian said:

I'm not re-growing it because I work in law and there are certain expectations etc etc.

One of the city council members where I live had long curly hair, then cut it fairly short and business like.

He ran for prosecutor the next year, and won.

• 2 weeks later...

Another entry in the “I can’t do that at my age” category: My 6 year old asked me if I could make the hula hoop go. I could do that pretty well in 1987, when I was 13. The results in 2020 were not very good.

• 2 months later...

I have a picture of me at 2 years old in front of a giant box TV. The picture was from 1976.

I was explaining the TV to my sons - the one where you had to walk over and turn the dial to change the channel, where you got three channels over the air and could only watch something when it was broadcast. They were lost on how it worked. No Disney Plus? No streaming? How is that possible? They are 8 and 6. The rotary phone attached to the wall was even harder to believe.

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Kscriv said:

Big bump but I think I can close the thread on this:

My first work on this website was posted closer to my date of birth than to today.

LOL

I still think @Dan and I jointly hold the "old man" title on this forum though.