Missy

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

I learned of her back when some white woman on the E! network made fun of her hair.

The other day a trainee at work said that something I mentioned earlier in the day reminded her of "This old movie, have you heard of this? Scream?"

Edited by Donomark

I don't know how much this has to do with being old.  None of us are part of the demographic her work plays toward.  I've never heard of her but that certainly doesn't make me feel old.  She hasn't done enough to be noticed by anyone outside of the (mostly) teenage, female demographic who watches her shows. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The son of one of my high school classmates just had his senior prom. And now that I think about it, her firstborn would be 20 or 21 by now.

On my sophomore year of high school,  my Algebra 2 teacher cursed us by telling us that in ten years we would all have kids and they would be keeping us up all night being sick and crying.. Whenever I browse my friends on Facebook I think I may be one of the only student who escaped her curse. 

• 5 months later...

I'm currently teaching a former student's teenage son.

This is a bit of an aberation as she was older than normal and already had a kid who was 4 at the time, but I'm seriously 3 years away from having a classroom full of second generation students.

Edited by Dread

Realized a young woman I know who is a student at the local university was born after I started working as a columnist for the student newspaper when I was an undergrad.

It's one thing to know that all of the undergraduates today are young enough to be my children. That particular one takes it a step farther.

• 1 month later...

My youngest son, the won born when I wrote for this site, is nine today. I feel old, so all of you should too.

Having just realized the typo in this post, I'ma  little embarrassed to quote it, but it needs to be said that this little bugger is ten years old today. 

Ben. Baby fuckin' Ben is coming up on four. 

• 1 month later...

Been there  

One of the dishwashers at work goes to my old high school, she'll always ask about how things were back in my day, whatever. 

"Did you have Mrs. So and So for English?"

"Yeah, my freshman year. She was pregnant with her twins."

"...They're Juniors, now, Preston."

Then I go in the walk-in and weep.