Worlds Finest Podcast Insights, Thoughts, and random stuff

Guest TFG1Mike

Guest DCAUFan1051

Watching more Batman Beyond... and I am trying to think of which of Terry's Rogue's would be his true mortal enemy like the joker is to Bruce. Anyone have any thoughts?

I'd put Inque in the running since Terry never really caught her.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should have been Blight, but they jobbed him out like a bitch. Then he just disappeared and they forgot about him.

As it stands, Inque would probably be at the top of the list, I guess; but as cool of a character as she is, she only poses a physical threat to Terry. There's no deeper danger that she poses. "Mortal enemies" tend to be those kinds of foes who can affect a hero on multiple fronts.

Watching more Batman Beyond... and I am trying to think of which of Terry's Rogue's would be his true mortal enemy like the joker is to Bruce. Anyone have any thoughts?

Mad Stan. Anyone else is just a rogue. (Rogue should only be capitalized if it's the Flash's Rogues. They use the name themselves. They're organized. Hey, they have dental! (No 401(k), though). Or, if you're part a a squadron that killed 2 Death Stars.)

I don't think anyone qualifies. I think you need several things.

One, you need to be a threat on multiple levels. Given the realities of superheroes, one should be physical, or at least someone whose abilities are such that it's a real challenge to stop them (like Professor X & the Shadow King - not that I'm suggesting that SK is Prof. X's true mortal enemy). But there also needs to be something grander. A personal connection counts - the Flashes and Zooms (or Inertia, for Bart). Batman and the Joker have some of this - they're definitely obsessed with each other - and Mike, don't try for it. It can also be someone who operates on such a level that letting them win is a disaster. Lex Luthor, Brainiac, and Darkseid all fall into this category. And often, it's both. Darkseid and Brainiac, in the DCAU, both would destroy or conquer Earth and also have that personal connection. While there were some good villains in Batman Beyond, none of them really got to this level. Terry may have been frustrated and scared when Inque got away, but it wasn't as personal - and no offense to Fox's company, but letting her or Catwoman get away isn't exactly on the same level as letting the Joker or Darkseid get away with a plan.

Chris

Guest DCAUFan1051

In doing research for TSOP... I'm watching War World and a thought occurred to me. I then pose this question:

Could Draaga be a smaller version of Doomsday? The reason I ask is they both have a vengeance for Superman

In doing research for TSOP... I'm watching War World and a thought occurred to me. I then pose this question:

Could Draaga be a smaller version of Doomsday? The reason I ask is they both have a vengeance for Superman

Nah. Draaga was a warrior stripped of his honor; Doomsday was a mindless weapon who only existed as a literary device to kill Superman.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I've been thinking about something recently. After this coming Wednesday's release of Episode 74 of WFP then the release of 75 there are only 25 episodes of the show left.

My question is how do you fit in 5 seasons of TT then 3 more seasons of JLU? Any chance you'll give us the lowdown Mike?

• 2 weeks later...

I think Blight would have been his arch-nemesis had he not been killed off in "Ascension", so I'd have to say the Joker during what little time he was back on the scene. Terry inherits not only Bruce's mantel as Batman but also his mortal enemy.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I think Blight would have been his arch-nemesis had he not been killed off in "Ascension", so I'd have to say the Joker during what little time he was back on the scene. Terry inherits not only Bruce's mantel as Batman but also his mortal enemy.

Agreed on Blight, but I disagree that Terry inherits Bruce's mortal enemy... Batman Beyond was more of Terry's show then Bruce's. So I'd say Blight if he were there longer, or Inque.

I still say it's Mr. Fixx.

Either that or the Jokerz gang as a whole.

Mr. Fixx only appears in one episode and the Jokerz were worthless (unless it was Terminal or one of the Jokerz the Joker hired); if not the Joker, then maybe Stalker: He is to Terry what Bane was to Bruce Wayne; btw who do you guys think was the worst villain in that series? I nominate Patrick the Ratboy

Mr. Fixx may have only been in one episode, but he was the one that scarred Terry for life, and ultimately set him on the path to become Batman.

The Jokerz were sometimes pushovers, but they could be pretty threatening under the right circumstances, and the few we saw in Return of the Joker were pretty good. Also, they personified the fallen state of Future-Gotham, so just from a symbolic point they have a lot of significance.

By that logic, is Spider-Man's arch-nemesis The Burglar?

Hmm... good point.

I think it helps that Fixx at least was an actual opponent for Terry in Rebirth. Also, if I remember correctly, there was supposedly a loose plan to bring him back in the never-produced 4th season of BB.