What are you watching and enjoying?

4,737 posts in this topic

Posted

Personally, I'm not high on that show. 

Posted

Really? I'm actually kind of surprised by that.

Posted

Yeah. It's mostly a combination of the voice acting not clicking for me, and the fandom overhyping it to an absurd degree, really. I never really got into Avatar: The Last Airbender for the same reasons, mostly. 

Posted

When I very first watched it, it was "Alone Together" and I seriously did not know what to make of it. But later I learned of all the critical acclaim and started from the beginning to give it an honest chance.

Posted (edited)

It's definitely a show that takes a bit of time to grow. Even setting aside that it's probably the most queer friendly show on TV, it's that rare show where even the minor characters and villains get complexity to them. The fandom... can be a little unsettling but then I avoid Tumblr so I don't have to deal with it quite as mich. I watched the first couple of episode, enjoyed it ennough but then lost track of it before getting back in about the time of the season 1 finale. The musical number in that episode got me interested enough to go back.

Edited by dc20willsave

Posted

It can be a massively slow burn. I enjoy it solidly from episode 10-13 on, but it began very generic.

Posted

I'm keeping Stephen Universe in my back pocket as something to binge at a future date.

Right now I'm running back through the first three seasons of Alias. One of my favourite shows, balances pulpy action with the soap opera extremely well and you can't beat the guest stars. Roger Moore as a villain? Come on. Bradley Cooper as a series regular, I just always thought he could be a star way before his film career took off. Gina Torres as a recurring villain.

It's just the best cliffhanger show too, it's like an old black and white serial in that way. There's just so many damn twists. And the best part, the only tv villain I'd rask up there with Gul Dukat in terms of complexity and longevity, Arvin Sloane. He is just both wonderfully dark and yet still warm when it suits him.

Post season 4 it's on a slide so I don't know if I'll go that far. Season 5 is basically like the final season of Scrubs with all the cast changes.

Posted

Rick and Morty: I really wanted to like this show. Every time I watch it, I just am reminded of how "The Amazing World of Gumball" did it better.

Posted

Rick and Morty: I really wanted to like this show.

Looks like you need a new avatar.

Posted

This season of Ash Vs. The Evil Dead was fucking excellent. Even better than the first (which I loved). An amazing marriage of special effects and visual effects. I only hope that if they do make the sequel to the Evil Dead remake and Army of Darkness (bridging the continuities, which is my understanding) that they include the extended cast from this show, because they add so much.

Posted

This season of Ash Vs. The Evil Dead was fucking excellent. Even better than the first (which I loved).

I'm sitting here trying to think about my favorite episode from the season and I cannot pick.  When it ended, I wasn't as high on the season, but yeah, better than the first.  Also, Pablo is a great sidekick. 

Posted

Love Pablo. The party episode is probably my favorite. But the whole idea of time-traveling back to the cabin was cool too.