Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He was like the standard bearer for the brand, and not bad at it, he worked most of the big angles with Raven, but he was never an attraction for me like any of the other big name talent. Not at all a fan in retrospect due to his interviews.

This was in relation to Tommy Dreamer talk an unspecified amount of time ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Welp, SummerSlam just ended. And I learned a lesson. Never watch live. That was 4ish hours of okay. One of the matches ends with a completely random John Stewart heel turn. The main event was just bad.

It didn't help that I watched nXt: Brooklyn this morning. Blew the main show out of the water. nXt had what may be my favorite match of this year in Bailey vs. Sasha Banks (Two Lucha Underground matched are at the top of the list as well). It had a crowd that was loud and never stopped. Might be the best show of the year (Ultimate Lucha could be the 1A or 1B, depending on the day).

Oh, and I watched TNA in the afternoon. Hahahaha. It has gotten to the point of comedy again. I can appreciate that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Chikara put up the final match from their Challenge of the Immortals tournament that's been running all year. Really fun and totally embodies Chikara. It's not about the ROH level ring skills (although they're all talented) it's about the strong storylines and fun characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwBgW6IRth0#t=265

• 1 month later...

Got to go to my very first live WWE show today. It was the recording of this week's Smackdown. I had a fun time, it definitely is a different experience than seeing it on the TV. When someone is getting real heat, you kind of get caught up in it. Plus, it was free for me so woo there.

Also, afterwards, my boss's 8 year old son made me proud by asking, "What's the point of the Divas?" From the mouth of babes.

This couldn't have been better timed though. I am really hyped for the Rumble now (calling it now, number 12. I'm getting a good feeling). I'll be in chat like every year. Y'all should also. Gonna get a trial of the WWE Network just for it.

Edited by dc20willsave

Also, afterwards, my boss's 8 year old son made me proud by asking, "What's the point of the Divas?" From the mouth of babes.

Not for nothing, but NXT has shown exactly what the point is.  But then again, here I am talking about a Women's division when you are talking about a Divas division.  Shame.

As for the Rumble, the past two years have tempered my normal excitement.  Only 3 ways I can see this going.  And I see this as Triple H comes out at #30 (or #31 if that is to be believed) and win.  At this point it all about surprise entrants and whatever crazy stunt Kofi has thought up. 

Got to go to my very first live WWE show today.

It makes me feel VERY old that the first (and only) WWE event I attended was several years before many folks on this forum were even born.  It was the WWF back then, before they lost the lawsuit with the World Wildlife Fund. Randy Savage was the champion, feuding with Bad News Brown.