What Podcasts are You Listening To?

Guest DCAUFan1051

Guest DCAUFan1051

I searched throughout the site and didn't catch anything about other podcasts everyone listens to if I missed a topic somewhere sorry. I know DW started one about recommended podcasts so I dunno if this would be the same thing or whatever but here are my podcasts I listen to other then E-2 podcasts:

E-2 Podcasts:

WFP Best Podcast Ever!!

E-2: TS #2 Best Podcast Ever!!!!

FYEO Haven't finished listening

Non E-2 Podcasts:

TFWIRE: Transformers Week In Review

WTF @ TFW2005

Apple Keynotes

Batman Universe Podcast- I just found this podcast and MEH I'm on the fence so far of either not liking it or liking it the guy that does it mainly reviews any and all batman comics and since I don't read the comics I might delete this podcast. Great thing about it is all the different artwork images for the episodes

TWIG- This Week In Geek

Knight Rider Online Podcast

that's what I'm listening to for other podcasts other then the E-2 Podcasts sorry in advance if I should have posted this elsewhere .

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I travel a lot so I get few quite a few.

I pay a subscription for these-

Figure 4 Wrestling-

F4W daily

Bryan & Vinny Show

Wrestling Observer

This is what I'm subscribed to on iTunes aside from the Earth-2 stuff.

Simply Syndicated-

Movies You Should See

Make It So (a star trek podcast)

The Definitive Word

The Uncanny X Cast

Times Online-

The Bugle

Armstrong & Miller

Stephen Fry's Podgrams

Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series

I also pick and choose a lot of the university lectures you can get for free online, as well as spending a bit on the Paley centre TV show interview stuff.

Guest DCAUFan1051

that's cool

I tried the uncanny x-cast when mike suggested it I didn't like it too much my x-men experience is limited to the 90's cartoon which I loved and of course the three movies.

I also listen to Loren & Wally and Boston's greatest hits on 105.7 WROR- it's a daily podcast recapping their morning radio show in Boston Mass I grew up listening to them they're funny as hell.

I also used to listen to The Lex & Terry Morning Radio Network but haven't in a long while.

thanks for repling stavros

Batman Universe Podcast- I just found this podcast and MEH I'm on the fence so far of either not liking it or liking it the guy that does it mainly reviews any and all batman comics and since I don't read the comics I might delete this podcast. Great thing about it is all the different artwork images for the episodes

It's a hit and miss show, I like it.

It's one of the podcasts I can listen to while playing a game, or travelling some place and I've ran out of good earth-2 ones.

Did you pick up the DC Animation commentaries from iTunes? Except for leaving a bit to much dead air, especially if you have the show on mute to hear what he says, it can get annoying, but if you get over that they. The guy who did them hasn't done any in ages, but theirs 30 to get through that go through TNBA, Superman, Justice League and JLU.

I also used to listen to Smodcast, from Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier. I deleted this podcast as it was just boring to listen to and was not entertaining in the slightest, Smith seems to think the crap he talks is all ingenious and "hilarious"

I also pick and choose a lot of the university lectures you can get for free online, as well as spending a bit on the Paley centre TV show interview stuff.

What site can you get these from as I may need a few Journalism ones in a few weeks.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I tried the DCA Commentaries but just didn't like them all that great

it'd be better if after WFP is over :shakehead::cry: that mike and james did a DCAU Commentaries show

I tried smodcast but the episodes I listened to all I ever heard was smith talking about cock this and fart that I deleted it afterwards

I wish Kevin Smith would do a podcast on his own movies

so far I'm not too thrilled with the Batman Universe Podcast the best thing it has is the artwork for each episode which I've saved the pictures lol

I tried smodcast but the episodes I listened to all I ever heard was smith talking about cock this and fart that I deleted it afterwards

I wish Kevin Smith would do a podcast on his own movies

Yeah, he talks so much shit in that podcast, and it just wasn't funny.

The worst part about Smith is that he thinks he is hilarious and sometimes he is, like an evening with Kevin Smith, or he's too smug and unfunny for his own good, like An evening with Kevin Smith 2: evening harder.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I had evening 1 and sold it needed the $$ a few years back I found evening 2 at a big lots for $4 so I have that but I haven't ever watched it all the way through

I would have to say there aren't that many "good" podcasts out there anymore I mean some of these ppl sound like freakin robots or something they have no enthusasm of the topic they are speaking about

WFP E2TS & FYEO excluded of course I would mention Dread Media but since I'm not a horror fan I don't listen to it

I've tried to think of a podcast idea myself but I just can't think of any topic I really would want to speak on I dunno

I had evening 1 and sold it needed the $$ a few years back I found evening 2 at a big lots for $4 so I have that but I haven't ever watched it all the way through

I would have to say there aren't that many "good" podcasts out there anymore I mean some of these ppl sound like freakin robots or something they have no enthusasm of the topic they are speaking about

WFP E2TS & FYEO excluded of course I would mention Dread Media but since I'm not a horror fan I don't listen to it

I've tried to think of a podcast idea myself but I just can't think of any topic I really would want to speak on I dunno

Yeah, if you watch two fully you will be disappointed, it is so boring.

Yeah, I only listen to E-2 Podcasts mostly as they are the only actually interesting ones left out their.

Yeah, I'm the same, I would like to do some radio thing, but sitting down and talking about something is a lot harder to do than it looks.

All of the E-2 stuff, of course

Bryan and Vinny Show

Wrestling Observer Live (sometimes)

Figure Four Weekly

Da O Show

Wrestlecrap Radio (sometimes)

1UP Yours (sometimes)

Retronauts

GFW Radio

Better in the Dark

Mondo Movie

Movies You Should See

Uncanny X-Cast

Hollywood Saloon

Writing Excuses

Combobreaker

Coverville (all about cover songs)

All of the E-2 stuff, of course

Bryan and Vinny Show

Wrestling Observer Live (sometimes)

Figure Four Weekly

Da O Show

Wrestlecrap Radio (sometimes)

1UP Yours (sometimes)

Retronauts

GFW Radio

Better in the Dark

Mondo Movie

Movies You Should See

Uncanny X-Cast

Hollywood Saloon

Writing Excuses

Combobreaker

Coverville (all about cover songs)

Could recommend three of the best ones?

My three favorites are Better in the Dark, Retronauts, and the Bryan and Vinny Show.

B&V costs money though, and Retronauts is about old school gaming, so may not be your thing.

Well I'm sure as hell not paying for a podcast, it would ruin the cheap persona I'm trying to play.

I like old school games, but only from master system onward as that's when I started.

I'll download an episode of better in the dark and listen to it tomorrow.

Other than some E-2ness...

Horror:

Night of the Living Podcast

Destroy the Brain

Mail Order Zombie

Cinema Diabolica

Rue Morgue Radio

Bloody Good Horror

It Came from the Basement

The Cadaver Lab

Kryptographik

Horror Stories

Pod of Horror

Film:

Better in the Dark

Hollywood Saloon

Cinemaslave

Mondo Movie

Music:

Most People are DJs

Coverville

Lyrics Under Cover (DW, Brian Ibbot from Coverville does this one too)

Rock and Roll Geek Show

Talking Metal

Comics:

Wordballoon

Comedy:

Never Not Funny (free version)

Distorted View

Nobody Likes Onions

The Onion Radio News

Other:

Writing Excuses

PK & J Show (she has the sexiest voice...)

Hometown Tales

Omega: Earth's Hero

Skeptoid

The Paracast

That's after a summer of dumping podcasts...

Guest DCAUFan1051

I'll have to look for some of those thanks Des

everytime I look for podcasts and get good results when I download them and listen the hosts just suck in my humble opinion. They're voices have no enthusiasm in them and no fun aspect. OR they have like 10 hosts per episode I don't mind a main podcast host with guest hosts as a revolving door type of deal but when every episode it's 3+ or more ppl it's like :sick: (thanks for adding that mike!!)

Guest DCAUFan1051
Check out Wordballoon, man.

Mark from Pod of Horror and John from Wordballoon are the best interviewers in radio and I totally look up to them.

I'm listening to episode 2 of Word Balloon thanks Des the only problem is I HAVEN'T read a comic book since I was maybe 15 short of having the original 4 issues of DC Versus Marvel and even those are in sleeves. But I'll give it a try.

I may even buy The Killing Joke the next payday from instocktrades (I blame Mike & James for that because they talk about it constantly on WFP and my curiousity is peeked)

Mark from Pod of Horror and John from Wordballoon are the best interviewers in radio and I totally look up to them.

I'm listening to episode 2 of Word Balloon thanks Des the only problem is I HAVEN'T read a comic book since I was maybe 15 short of having the original 4 issues of DC Versus Marvel and even those are in sleeves. But I'll give it a try.

I may even buy The Killing Joke the next payday from instocktrades (I blame Mike & James for that because they talk about it constantly on WFP and my curiousity is peeked)

Buy it. There aren't many better books published in DC's history than that one.

Guest DCAUFan1051

yea so I've heard and like I said I haven't been into comic books in forever I used to make my mom buy amazing spider-man every week for me lol

It's funny I've told the story of how and why I started listening to WFP I was searching iTunes thinking MAYBE Bruce Timm & Co had a podcast out there (which they don't to my knowledge) then I found Worlds Finest and haven't looked back.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I actually stopped listening to word balloon it was a great podcast but I know nothing about comics and that's what they were talking about. If I start to get back into comics I'll try it again .

If you can, pick up a killing joke set, it comes with the book and batman and Joker figures, yes they are the ones from my shelf. :happy:

Also yes the killing joke is awesome, also check out Batman: Arkham Asylum as it is awesome.