What Podcasts are You Listening To?

Guest DCAUFan1051

Guest DCAUFan1051

I was gonna start a new thread but decided against it...... I'm listening to E-2 The Show Episode 100 and really wanting to go pop in the Turtles movies. Mike I'm sure you already said this in the episode but Casey was only in 1 and 3 Keno was the human sidekick in 2. I'm still under the 2 hr mark in relistening to the episode. I've been listening to a few old Earth-2 The Show episodes over the last week. Whether it be episodes I never listened to like Episode 39 which I completely glossed over. And Episode 50, as well as WFP Episode 27!!! :D

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051

:holyshit: I had no idea that Ras Al' Ghul was in TMNT II as I've never seen Warner do anything other then that. I never knew it was him though until tonight when I am currently watching the movie. I recognized the voice and had to look it up. The only reason why I'm posting this here is #1 I could not find the E2 TS Episode 100 thread... only thing I found was the episode 100 game. And #2 is well Episode 100 got me in the mood to watch the TMNT movies :D Sorry if the image is grainy damn iPhone 2G!!!

6589a4aa.jpg

• 1 month later...

My current non-Earth-2.net podcast iTunes subscription list:

- BBC History magazine podcast - as I don't subscribe anymore (or since my undergrad degree), it's a good way of absorbing historical tidbits.

- Better in the Dark - only got into this recently as Tom emailed FYEO a week ago. I haven't heard as many episodes as I've been wanting to, but it's a blast to listen to and has inspired something for the next FYEO recording.

- Fighting Talk - I'm not good at sports trivia, nor have I ever been very fond of Colin Murray, but I LOVE Fighting Talk. A sport/comedy panel show, it's pretty much the best way I can digest sport although, like The Daily Show, you get the most out of it if you're up-to-date with what's going on.

- The Eclectic Podcast - Like Dread Media, I go into most every episode of this completely blind as it largely covers things I'm aware of but not into. I also like the outro music for some reason.

- Podcastle/Podtoid/Retroforce GO! - The three podcasts of video game blog Destructoid.com, focusing on UK gaming, gaming news and retro gaming respectively. I don't play games much anymore, but it's good to keep abrest of how the industry's changing.

- Stephen Fry's Podgrams - I'm worried he's been neglecting this for Twitter updates, but listening to Stephen Fry talk is both stimulating and relaxing at the same time.

- The Bugle - weekly satire from The Daily Show's John Oliver and his comedy partner in England, Andy Zaltzman (Stavros' favourite!). I never get bored of this.

I do catch the odd episode of other podcasts too, but nothing I've subscribed to.

I listen to Batman universe podcasts, they started slow but they have got a real feel and are a lot better now and they have a format for the shows that work.

Comic geek speak: I enjoy the style of show in shooting the shit and is just enjoyable for background noise and to learn more about comics.

You know, I like the Writing Excuses podcast but every time they talk about comics I cringe. They covered what was good and bad about Watchmen this week and it's fucking awful.

1. They constantly refer to it as the "graphic novel"

2. They call the pirate story the "Black Frigate" and not the "Black Freighter"

3. They say that the pirate story was put there to add on pages originally intended for the letters pages when it was actually the backmatter that took thye place of the advertising. Totally wrong on that one.

4. They say the plot is the worst of the book but don't take into account that it was originally published in twelve separate installments.

They also say "it was done in the Marvel DC house style of superhero art" in talking about juxtapositions which is totally fine but then one of them, thinking he knows his shit, says "yeah, real Stan Ditko kind of stuff."

Stan Ditko.

STOP TALKING ABOUT COMICS IF YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT COMICS.

Ha. Yeah. I remember cringing at that episode too.

Usually good stuff from them, but at the same time, I wish it was a bit longer. I know that's the gimmick, but it always feels like they're cutting themselves short for the sake of doing so.

They also say "it was done in the Marvel DC house style of superhero art" in talking about juxtapositions which is totally fine but then one of them, thinking he knows his shit, says "yeah, real Stan Ditko kind of stuff."

Stan Ditko.

I don't know what you're talking about Des. Every comic fan worth his salt knows about Stan Ditko and Jack Heck's legendary run on The Fantastic League.

Stan Ditko.

I don't know what you're talking about Des. Every comic fan worth his salt knows about Stan Ditko and Jack Heck's legendary run on The Fantastic League.

And that epic villain.

The Doctor Michief.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

The Sarcastic Voyage Podcast has renewed my listening pleasure in podcasts.

That's not to say that I don't enjoy my regular fortnightly WFP and Earth-2.net The Show and others, but I'm really enjoying this show. It can be found on iTunes and Aalgar.com

• 2 weeks later...

I just listened to Night of the Living Podcast for the first time yesterday, and I think it's my new favorite show. It's utterly hilarious and one of the hosts sounds exactly like Tom Hanks. What more could I ask for?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm about to drop Nobody Likes Onions. They've clearly been out of material for a good while now, as 75% of the show is just them watching Youtube clips (this is an audio podcast) and using stuff that was already on Distorted View the week before. Also, Patrick's asshole "character" is getting really annoying and it's not nearly as funny as he thinks it is.

• 1 month later...

I'm about to drop Nobody Likes Onions. They've clearly been out of material for a good while now, as 75% of the show is just them watching Youtube clips (this is an audio podcast) and using stuff that was already on Distorted View the week before. Also, Patrick's asshole "character" is getting really annoying and it's not nearly as funny as he thinks it is.

I've been thinking the same thing for a week or two but I'll hang on to see if there's new life in this new "daily" cast they're doing. 5 days a week. Except this week. And next week.

I think it was somewhere around the 27th minute or so straight of Patrick pretending to misunderstand the thing Dagger just told him that I said to myself "yeah, I really need another two days a week of this."

• 4 weeks later...

Since I haven't been able to download new podcasts for a week and I've run out of the ones I had, I've been listening to the audiobook "Story" by Robert McKee. And while I still find a lot of his rules and pretensions, well, pretentious, his breakdown of the three act structure is like listening to a master at work.