Everything DC

JackFetch

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Starlin says that he has received more money in a cheque for the use of KGBeast in Batman V Superman (he appears only as his alter ego) than he has for all the characters he created across Marvel Studios' platform.

Say what you like about DC, but it's been the case for a very long time that they have fairly compensated their creators where Marvel has consistently failed to.

David Ayer posted this a few days ago on Twitter

https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/status/822948443110842369/photo/1

I feel for the guy. He doesn't blame anyone but himself for the flaws in the movie (which is noble but also unfair to him considering WB's mandates), and what he says about how he'd improve the film definitely sound like they would.

I read the changes they made to the SDCC pilot, and am not going to watch it. From what I read it sounds like they needlessly made it yet another Batman jerk-off fest. In the original pilot it was way more DCU oriented. Alan Tudyk was reading Lex Luthor's autobiography, the Wonder Twins were there, they thought a guy was Green Lantern, Crimson Fox was fighting in the background. It wasn't brilliant but it was neat and I was gonna give it a chance. Gizmodo talked about how everything was abruptly changed to be the Batman show, and apparently Vanessa Hudgens is now new at the job and disliked by everyone, while in the original pilot she was a veteran and liked by everyone. Also, they re-cast Kate Micucci. Screw that.

I thought it was just ok. Vanessa Hudgens is wrong for the lead in my opinion. Since I don't know the DC universe as well as I do Marvel, I didn't recognize all of the cameos and they could be made up as far I know. Jackie and Wendy are useless annoying characters that aren't funny at all. Danny Pudi is basically playing a mild version of Abed which makes me wonder about his acting range. 

It's not close to there yet, but I feel like Powerless still has potential. Alan Tudyk is figuring out his character, and that's going to go a long way to putting this show together. And Ron Funches is just as delightful as Ron Funches always is.

The whole "mentioning major DC characters that always remain offscreen" thing is awkward as fuck, though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...