Everything DC

JackFetch

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get that Johns has been in major positions at DC for years, but the blowing needs to stop. Beyond GL what major things has he done exactly? Justice League was meant to be the new 52's flagship title and wasn't thanks to Snyder's Batman. I know he's the only person who loves Pre-Crisis DC (Didio only likes bits and pieces and Lee just likes Batman), but this notion that he's heading up the movie division being an angel from heaven is time-displaced by a decade or so.

Interesting bit from a great article about the current TV industry.

One Hollywood insider points to Greg Berlanti, who this season produced a half-dozen prime-time series for three networks, as an example of how the profit outlook for top showrunners has changed. “Greg’s doing fine,” this insider says. And yet, as recently as 2000 or so, “If you were a guy who had six series on the air, you'd be talking about making hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars. Greg would be Dick Wolf,” our source says. “But he's not.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First off, no Superman? Second, why is Batman all the sudden a happy go lucky guy that throws jokes around like he's in a Marvel movie?

Perhaps because he's no longer in danger of being murdered by an alien? Also, just because he doesn't appear in the preview footage shot specifically for the SDCC teaser doesn't mean he won't be in the movie. In fact I'd be surprised if most of this footage is in the final product. It's so far away from actually shooting.