Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Everything DC

639 posts in this topic

Posted

He was also one of the founding members of Starkid. He was Harry in their A Very Potter Musical.

Posted

Jim Starlin says that he has received more money in a cheque for the use of KGBeast in Batman V Superman (he appears only as his alter ego) than he has for all the characters he created across Marvel Studios' platform.

Say what you like about DC, but it's been the case for a very long time that they have fairly compensated their creators where Marvel has consistently failed to.

Posted

I know Paul Levitz and Denny O'Neil made sure of that for a while, but what happened with the dust-up concerning Gerry Conway and Killer Frost? Is it a movie specific thing?

Posted

He never got into any detail, but Conway indicated that DC made things right.

Posted

David Ayer posted this a few days ago on Twitter

https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/status/822948443110842369/photo/1

I feel for the guy. He doesn't blame anyone but himself for the flaws in the movie (which is noble but also unfair to him considering WB's mandates), and what he says about how he'd improve the film definitely sound like they would.

Posted

Ben Affleck is out as Batman director

Posted

From the statement he released, Affleck still wrote the screenplay and he decided to step down so his performance wouldn't suffer. He also makes it sound like they already chose a replacement director.

Posted (edited)

Powerless is fucking garbage. I'm so sad that Tudyk (And to a lesser extent Daniel Pudi and Ron Funches) wasted his time. 

I did not laugh once. 

Edited by Preston

Posted

I read the changes they made to the SDCC pilot, and am not going to watch it. From what I read it sounds like they needlessly made it yet another Batman jerk-off fest. In the original pilot it was way more DCU oriented. Alan Tudyk was reading Lex Luthor's autobiography, the Wonder Twins were there, they thought a guy was Green Lantern, Crimson Fox was fighting in the background. It wasn't brilliant but it was neat and I was gonna give it a chance. Gizmodo talked about how everything was abruptly changed to be the Batman show, and apparently Vanessa Hudgens is now new at the job and disliked by everyone, while in the original pilot she was a veteran and liked by everyone. Also, they re-cast Kate Micucci. Screw that.

Posted

I thought it was just ok. Vanessa Hudgens is wrong for the lead in my opinion. Since I don't know the DC universe as well as I do Marvel, I didn't recognize all of the cameos and they could be made up as far I know. Jackie and Wendy are useless annoying characters that aren't funny at all. Danny Pudi is basically playing a mild version of Abed which makes me wonder about his acting range. 

Posted

After watching episode 2 I've decided it's shit. 

Posted

Watched the pilot, and it's like they were actively trying to be as unfunny as possible. 

Posted

It's not close to there yet, but I feel like Powerless still has potential. Alan Tudyk is figuring out his character, and that's going to go a long way to putting this show together. And Ron Funches is just as delightful as Ron Funches always is.

The whole "mentioning major DC characters that always remain offscreen" thing is awkward as fuck, though.

Posted

Can Vanessa Hudgens act yet?

Posted

LEGO Batman is the best movie DC has made since Richard Donner was directing Superman. And I will fight the man that dares disagree. Jaded thirty year old comic fan and his three year old both rolling with laughter. 

Posted

Can Vanessa Hudgens act yet?

No, she's still Vanessa Hudgens.

Posted

Nightwing.

Directed by Chris McKay, the director of The Lego Batman Movie no less.

Posted

Hmm...we'll see

Good director choice though. Because it was clear to me in the Lego Batman movie that with all the references they people behind it were fans of the Dixon/Grayson Nightwing comic.

Posted

*news of a Batgirl film, then news that it'll be based on new 52 Batgirl*

CPcBCeXWgAEgkyD.jpg

Posted

While I would prefer a Cassandra Cain movie, if they go for the Batgirl of Burnside as the basis, I would definitely excited.

Posted

I'd kill for a Cass movie

Posted

Same here, but a more lighthearted DC movie is needed right now. Hopefully Whedon can bring that with a Babs movie.