Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Everything DC

639 posts in this topic

Posted

If he's looking at the new 52 Gail Simone run, that'll only happen if he hopes on improving the material like the Russo brothers did with Civil War. Simone's run was grimdark garbage, possibly due to Editorial mandates. But the Burnside Batgirl makes for a great movie. Gives her a solid supporting cast and everything.

Posted

Just going to go ahead and predict that if we ever do see a Batgirl movie, Joss Whedon won't be attached.

Posted

*news of a Batgirl film, then news that it'll be based on new 52 Batgirl*

CPcBCeXWgAEgkyD.jpg

This is me, but from news of a Batgirl movie to hearing it's being directed by Joss Whedon.

Posted

Krypton Teaser Trailer

Holy Shit, do I not care

Posted

It is a terrible premise. If it was not part of the Superman franchise I might be interested, but it suffers from prequel syndrome. We already know what happens so why do I care?

Posted

I mean they already wasted our time with the Not-Superboy show that went on several years past its expiration date.

Posted

I'm all for more YJ, which to my mind is to Post-Crisis DC what Batman: Brave and the Bold was to Silver Age DC.

I still object to a live action Titans series, because you know they're just going to water it down. I sure can't wait to see Starfire, Raven and Nightwing all in leather jackets and jeans not use their powers and get nerfed by loser villains in between their scenes of cliche'd drama.

Unless I'm wrong and it's awesome.

Posted

That's... almost a shame. It was still figuring out what it was and had a long way to go, but it had genuinely improved from being a nearly total waste of everyone's time to being a reasonable avenue to get twenty minutes of Alan Tudyk and Ron Funches on a regular basis.

Posted

One of the additions they made to the animated adaptation of The Killing Joke was a terrible decision. Spoilers:

Batman and Batgirl have sex. this makes the "fridging" of Batgirl even worse, because Batman's primary concern is Jim Gordon, not his new lover.

Plus. it is creepy and icky.

Batman basically got it on with his son's former girlfriend. Nightwing is, for all intents and purposes, Batman's son.

Ew. I mean, seriously. Ew.

Plus, he banged his best friend's daughter. His best friend's much younger daughter.

This crosses so many lines.

Posted

One of the additions they made to the animated adaptation of The Killing Joke was a terrible decision. Spoilers:

Hidden Content

Amen, though you needn't have bothered with the spoiler tags.

Posted

I think this looks awesome. The scene of the hoods interrupting class is right out of Static #2, which makes me wonder where that confirmation of a Static tv show went.

Posted

Looks promising, but I hope the narration was only for the sake of the trailer, because it was rather flat at times.