Star Ocean 4

JackFetch

I’m a little weary of Tri-Ace after Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean 3 (although I really did like Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria). I like that they’re making this a prequel to the rest of the series though, meaning the silly plot twist of SO3 hopefully won’t come into play. I just want them to make an action RPG where I can actually explore galaxies, rather than having them strand me on a backwater planet for hours at a time. Also, a more balanced battle system with more options to tweak ally AI would be great.

EDIT: My god, characters are actually more doll-like than IU. That’s scary.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s strange since Infinite Undiscovery actually had fights out on the field. That’s probably one of the few gameplay decisions I really liked.

But yeah, I can deal with this method. It’s better than just having random encounters, at least. The Japanese always have a set way of doing things in their RPGs, and most of the games that break free just seem to get lost in the mix.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I didn't hate the game overall but the characters are among the worst of any rpg I've ever played.

How so? I thought only two of the girls were terrible. Other than them, the rest are just like any JRPG I've ever played. The first girl is listed as 15, but is obviously like 8 and has a creepy subplot with one of the guys. The other is the annoying girl when you craft. I want to strangle her.

Every female in the game is either clearly retarded or just a bitch. The main hero of the game is the biggest pussy and until the end of the game I suspected he was more into the green haired guy than his best friend chick.

Mr. Roboto was fine I guess, and the other dude was a douche, but I cant blame him when seeing the people he was surrounded by.