• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pandy on The Doctor becoming more like John Matrix:

Best scene in the episode was Bennett calmly chewing the Doctor out... 

...before the Doctor kicked him into the TARDIS console,  impaling him through the chest, and quipping: "Bennett, your time has run out!" 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tom on Ian's withholding of the Spectre episode of For Your Ears Only:

And we now go live to Ian Wilson for an update on the release of the Spectre episode-

immortan-joe.png

"Do not my friends become addicted to podcasts! They will take hold of you, and you will regret their absence."

• 2 weeks later...

Will on a potential relationship between Luke Skywalker and Benicio del Toro's forthcoming character in Star Wars VIII: 

Ehh. Mary Matalin and James Carville have been married for 20 years with being at two extreme ends of the political syndrome. Luke, reclusive kook/champion of the Light Side, and Benicio, potentially a villain with a heart as black as coal, could still spend weekends buying artisanal blue milk cheese at the spacer's market and spending evenings Holonet and Chilling.

• 3 months later...

Dan on the so-called Superman curse:

He was very open and very up front about never, under any circumstances, wanting to wear the suit. He gave a lot of bullshit reasons about it being cursed or whatever (everyone else who'd ever worn it either died tragically or turned into Dean Cain) but he didn't want to be seen in it.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Tom on my reaction to the Thor: Ragnarok trailer, also on my age:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!

When Hela appeared in full garb, I nearly shit my pants with glee!

I'm sure this at least partially belongs in the 'I feel old' thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Des on why he arranged comics chronologically in his youth:

Arthur was a cool guy and bought Little Caesars for lunch and basically had me put the Superman family comics in order of their continuity numbering (remember that?) as opposed to title and issue.

Triangle numbers!

I KNEW you would know! Hahaha!

Superman was basically a weekly book back then, with SupermanAdventuresMan of Steel and Action coming out one per week (with Man of Tomorrow for any month with five Wednesdays in it), and without those triangle numbers following the story was fucking chaos.

Yeah, I had to organize three months of new releases into that order and then I was like "phew! That's done!" Then Arthur was like "ok, now work on the back issues." Hahaha! I think I numbered only about a year and half at that point (as it was 1992) but man, it felt like a Herculean Labor.

To be fair, X number of copies of a year and a half's worth of comics (75 issues, give or take?) would have been a fair amount of work for a 12 year old kid being paid in crappy pizza.

Well, there WAS Crazy Bread.