Post of the Day

Missy

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you don't mind me doing this, Mike, since I know you have more urgent matters you're attending to.

From the "I need to vent" thread:

DW replying to Dan:

I would be more than happy to make a favorite meal from your childhood, but it turns out the Woolly Mammoth went extinct a few thousand years ago.

Stavros on variant covers:

Special Pirate covers for upcoming Marvel Pirates event! See the Amaazing SpiDARR-Man! The PunishARRR! WolvARRRine! Cap'n America! Collect all these alternate covers as well as the alternate alternate covers, Marvel Zombie Apes! Get your directors cut B&W Pirate covers on the latest issues of New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Dark Avengers, Young Avengers, Old Avengers, The Avengers, Classic Avengers, Great Lakes Avengers, West Coast Avengers, East Coast Avengers, Marvel Adventures Avengers, Ultimate Avengers, The Avengers Initiative, Los Angeles Avengers FC, & Toxic Avenger.

• 3 weeks later...

DW on the origin of his screen name:

When I was a young man , I saved a cat from a burning building. It turned out that this cat belonged to a grand old wizard by the name of Trilak. As a symbol of his appreciation, Trilak bestowed upon me his fabled bow and arrow that he once used to defeat the Frostbeast of the High Mountains. He told me of the coming war and said that I would be the one to slay the Morklorians of the Twelfth Sector during their invasion of a Dunkin Doughnuts in Wyoming. I heeded his words and did battle. I can still hear the screams.... the mortal souls leaving those hungry victims. But I prevailed, saving humanity as we know it. Drenched in blood from the battle, I sought refuge at a local dry cleaner. It was there I met Isabella. She was 19 and didn't speak a word of English. We didn't need words. We had emotions. We had the burning scent of fresh combat to coat our raw passion. Then four hours later, I left, never to see her again. She was later deported, and she went back to her homeland telling tales of the chiseled barbarian that had swept her off her feet. Within a few years, the legend of my exploits had reached the farthest lands. They called me the Death Wrangler... or D.W. for short.

Or it's just my initials. You decide.

Des, on looking at breasts:

I did that once too, only it was a Brooks & Dunn shirt (a country duo). I realized I was caught looking at heavenly peaks and commented: "Ah, Brooks and Dunn. I love those guys. I'd listen to them all day if I could."

Little did she know, Brooks and Dunn were the nicknames I had for her boobs, and by listen, I meant ogle.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Stavros on Daredevil's shitty life:

Heh, I was thinking this was redundant before I even entered the thread. What are they going to do, make it darker an more depressing?

They should make Super Happy Fun Daredevil as the alternate. Matt Murdock tries to balance love, life and crime fighting in the happiest most fun filled quarter of Manhatten, Heck's Kitchen! Which of the many girls after his heart will he choose? Can he keep his identity secret from Foggy? Can he do all that AND stop Stilt-man from robbing the girl-scouts lemonade stand? Find out in this weeks Super Happy Fun Daredevil: The Man Without A Care In The World!

For the first time ever, a non-member wins post of the day!

This morning during breakfast, my Dad (sitting beside my two year old) said "we had fun playing yesterday, didn't we Davin?"

Davin then smashed his fist down on top of my dad's head and said "I not Davin! I'm Gorilla Grodd!"

• 3 weeks later...

Stavros on the many appearances of Wolverine:

W is for Wolverine, who never gets stale

O is for Origins, the start of his tale

L is for Legacy, an X-book he's in

V is for Venom:Run, where logic runs thin

E is for (e)Xtreme X-men, a claremont affair

R is for Rvengers, though he's hardly there

I is for Incredible Hulk, and his first appearance

N is for New X-Men, bordering inhoherance

E is for Enemy of the State, where this list must end. But theres lots more from Marvel, on Logan they depend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For linking to this incredibly awesomely video, Hannah got herself a Post of the Day:

INCREDIBLY well made fan trailer for GL. Takes existing clips from other movies, alters them, and isn't too blatantly obvious about it.

Also, has Nathan Fillion as Hal Jordan. Notable for that alone.

• 2 weeks later...

Stavros on beards:

I've heard many comic pros claim that when a character has a beard, especially if he's on the cover, sales dip.

I don't know, X-men sales do better when Scott and Emma are on a cover than when its just Scott.

Stavros on being honest with children:

I could have a chat with him.

"Hey little buddy, remember when you asked what happened to Robin's parents? Well they were killed by mobsters. Just like Batman's mummy and daddy were killed by a crook. Even Batman was killed recently, by an evil vengeful god. Because bad things do happen to good people. So you need to decide if you're going to be good or if you're going to survive. Because good people die. All of them. And the survivors get lollipops, because there are loads left over after all the good people were brutally killed."