• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, S-T said:

I'm a great great uncle. Yes, this means my nephew is a grandfather. I was an uncle at 3, but still, another reminder of my age.

Also, get off my lawn.

Congratulations! And it's not like you can really choose when your relatives have sex in any case. I'm 34 and my cousins were all born between 1967 and 1995 (So they'll be 25-53 this year?). And I'll bet that is far from being the widest age disparity for board users either.

• 2 years later...
On 9/27/2022 at 2:14 PM, slothian said:

I've accepted a new job that pays over £1,500 in terms of base salary than what I'm on now. Still a quasi-lawyer, but I'll have more opportunity to pivot into something I really want to do with this role. Starts January - can't wait!

Very cool. Congrats!

I was at a wedding reception for a former colleague yesterday evening. In attendance were two of my closest colleagues who did the same job (one's left, another's interviewing elsewhere*), 3-4 other ex-colleagues and the Regional head of the firm (AKA lead partner for the Newcastle office). The almost universal response to me handing in my notice on Friday were high fives and "good for you" wishes. Even the regional head told me "I totally get it"!

* This colleague is in a different team, but he found out when the three of us met up in the pub ahead of the reception, that he was on £7k less than me and £9k less than our other colleague, despite the fact we all did EXACTLY the same thing. He's on more now, but he was livid to learn that.