The "Good news, everyone!" thread

James D.

We have an "I need to vent" thread. It's high time we had an opposing thread to tell about cool shit and general good stuff happening in our lives.

Erin called me last night and told me she will be visiting me next month on Spring Break. Originally, we weren't going to be able to see each other until July, but her grandmother is awesome and gave her her airline miles. So, we get to hang out together for the first time in the ATL in a few weeks.

I am a very happy camper. :happy:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've officially saved up enough cash to go back to university full-time starting September and never incur an iota of debt for three years (If I can get a part-time job). Its been seven years since my misadventure with higher education and I'm old enough and motivated enough to make a real go of it this time, and the fact that its my own cash I'm putting up can only provide further incentive.

I'm attending an open day at the University of the West of England tomorrow, examining courses in Media, International relations and Politics.

I gave a lecture to 150 first years on Monday on Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian. I was worried I wouldn't have enough to say (1 hour) and it turned out I had too much to say! All the other instructors seemed to like it, too.

Also, I finally did my taxes from one year ago, and I'm getting enough money to delay getting a second job. When I figure I can do this year's taxes, I can continue my silly, TA-job grad school existence for months! Oh, and I got a co-ax cable for my TV, so I get more than one channel, now!

Guest DCAUFan1051

when I first saw the title of this thread I didn't read to the end of what it says all I read was I need to tell you something which reminded me of Jim Carrey's Fire Marshall Bill on In Living Color when he says:

lemme tell you something!

it made me laugh so hard I almost had Diet Coke spew out my nose :D

Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm all moved into my NEW 2 bedroom apartment.... I'm under way less stress then before....... There's so much space here I have no idea what to do with half of it. It's amazng how in a 5 minute drive a neighborhood can change, I actually heard birds chirping the other morning. The only time that ever happened at the old place was if the boomboxes and bass boosters in cars weren't going 24/7. The only downside to being in this position for work is that there's no stipend at all just free rent & utilities. I know I shouldn't complain about that but going from $15K a year to $0 sucks.

I'll be posting NEW pics of the apartment in the Rate My Space Thread when I get everything unpacked and it's not as cluttered as it is right now.

I believe I'm going to turn the second bedroom in to a den/display room :D

Congrats on the move man, I did similar a few weeks ago, along with my two housemates and their son. Great new place, 4 bedroom detached in which I get two adjoining rooms, the first of which stocks clothes, DVD's and my library, the second being a loft-style space above an extension which I use as the actual bedroom with PC, TV and Xbox 360. The bed arrives in a couple of weeks, I've bought a plant to keep, the whole thing is coming together.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Congrats on the move man, I did similar a few weeks ago, along with my two housemates and their son. Great new place, 4 bedroom detached in which I get two adjoining rooms, the first of which stocks clothes, DVD's and my library, the second being a loft-style space above an extension which I use as the actual bedroom with PC, TV and Xbox 360. The bed arrives in a couple of weeks, I've bought a plant to keep, the whole thing is coming together.

thanks Stav... I need to go buy more DVD shelves on Wednesday right now I only have 1 my other one I gave away because it was kinda loose in the shelving and I was to lazy to adjust it. Besides I want to match all black shelving units :D

I called in some favors/begged and pleaded/sold my body and managed to find a desktop to replace my Old Silver Bullet.

I introduce you to Big Daddy

EDIT: I have to go back and pick up my monitor tonight, but I'm pleased as fuck at the moment. Hopefully, this should be the end of my ongoing computer hell.

ALSO EDIT: I did not pay that price, either. That's fucking highway robbery.

That's wonderful to hear! And I bet someone in Paris is going to be quite pleased to hear this as well. :P

Well, in the realm of good things, I'll be down in the Arlington Heights area Thursday and Friday to visit a friend's house, see the shelter she worked at and be surrounded by teh kitties~ and go down to Mitsuwa Marketplace, the single most awesome Asian marketplace I've been to pretty much ever. Also reading period starting after 3 PM tomorrow.

Guest DCAUFan1051
What a great birthday!

Got hang out with my best bud, And got abunch of cool stuff. The coolest though, A brand new freakin camera! Man, Did i need one!

way cool Doug glad ya had a good 1